Features and Benefits
- Current mode controller for active clamp forward topology
- Integrated 5 kV (wide body SOIC package) or 3.0 kV (LGA package) rated dielectric isolation voltage with Analog Devices, Inc., patented iCoupler technology
- Wide voltage supply range
- Primary VIN: up to 60 V
- Secondary VDD2: up to 36 V
- Integrated 1 A primary side MOSFET driver for power switch and active clamp reset switch
- Integrated 1 A secondary side MOSFET drivers for synchronous rectification
- Integrated error amplifier and <1% accurate reference voltage
- Programmable slope compensation
- Programmable frequency range: 50 kHz to 600 kHz typical
- Frequency synchronization
- Programmable maximum duty cycle limit
- Programmable soft start
- Smooth soft start from precharged load
- Programmable dead time
- Power saving light load mode using MODE pin
- Protection features such as short circuit, output overvoltage, and overtemperature protection
- Cycle-by-cycle input overcurrent protection
- Precision enable UVLO with hysteresis
- PGOOD pin for system flagging
- Tracking function from secondary side
- Remote (secondary side) shutdown/reset function
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition
- 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577 (for wide body SOIC package)
- 3000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577 (for LGA package)
- CSA component acceptance notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 849 V peak (for wide body SOIC package)
- VIORM = 560 V peak (for LGA package)
- CQC certification per GB4943.1-2011
- UL recognition
- Available in 24-lead SOIC_W package and 24-terminal LGA package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The ADP1074 is a current mode, fixed frequency, active clamp, synchronous forward controller designed for isolated dc to dc power supplies. Analog Devices proprietary iCouplers® are integrated in the ADP1074 to eliminate the bulky signal transformers and optocouplers that transmit signals over the isolation boundary. Integrating the iCouplers reduces system design complexity, cost, and component count and improves overall system reliability. With the integrated isolators and metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) drivers on both the primary and the secondary side, the ADP1074 offers a compact system level design and yields a higher efficiency than a non-synchronous forward converter at heavy loads.
The primary side pins provide functions for programming the switching frequency, maximum duty cycle, external frequency synchronization, and slope compensation.
The secondary side pins provide functions for differential output voltage sensing, overvoltage, power good, tracking, and programmable light load mode setting.
The feedback signal and timing of synchronous rectifier pulse-width modulations (PWMs) are transmitted from primary to secondary or from secondary to primary sides through the iCouplers using a proprietary transmission scheme.
The ADP1074 also offers features such as input current protection, undervoltage lockout (UVLO), precision enable with adjustable hysteresis, overtemperature protection (OTP), and power saving light load mode (LLM).
- Isolated dc-to-dc power conversion
- Intermediate bus voltage generation
- Telecom, industrial
- Base station and antenna RF power
- Small cell
- PoE powered device
- Enterprise switches/routers
- Core/edge/metro/optical routing
- Power modules
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP1074-EVALZ evaluation board allows users to evaluate the ADP1074 in a power supply application.
The evaluation board can deliver a rated current of 6 A in steady state and 8 A peak that is thermally limited for an input voltage range of 36 V dc to 60 V.
Multiple test points allow easy access to all critical nodes and pins.
Full data on the ADP1074 is available in the ADP1074 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with UG-1115 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Fully supported evaluation kit for the ADP1074 active clamp forward topology
- 12.1 V output voltage (VDC)
- 6 A steady state, 8 A peak
- Programmable light load mode
- Integrated driver for primary side and secondary side synchronous rectifier
- External reference signal tracking
- Precision enabled undervolatge lockout (UVLO) with hysteresis
- Short circuit, output overvoltage, cycle by cycle input overcurrent, and over temperature protection
- Frequency synchronization
- Soft start and soft stop functionality
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Technical Articles (1)
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.