Features and Benefits
- Current mode controller for flyback topology
- ADP1071-1: programmable LLM or CCM for high VIN applications
- ADP1071-2: forced CCM operation
- Programmable slope compensation
- Integrated 5 kV isolation (wide body SOIC package) or 3.0 kV (LGA package) rated dielectric isolation voltage with Analog Devices, Inc., patented iCoupler technology
- Wide voltage supply range
- Primary VDD: up to 60 V (ADP1071-2 only)
- Secondary VDD2: up to 36 V
- Integrated 1 A primary side MOSFET driver
- Integrated 1 A secondary side MOSFET drivers for synchronous rectification
- Integrated error amplifier and <1% accurate reference voltage
- Programmable frequency range: 50 kHz to 600 kHz
- Duty cycle clamp limit 85%
- Programmable soft start and soft start from precharged load
- Protection features such as short circuit, output overvoltage, and overtemperature protection
- Power saving LLM using MODE pin (ADP1071-1only)
- Cycle by cycle input overcurrent protection
- Precision enable UVLO with hysteresis
- Frequency synchronization
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition
- 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577 (for wide body SOIC package)
- 3000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577 (for LGA package)
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 849 V peak (for wide body SOIC package)
- VIORM = 565 V peak (for LGA package) CQC certification per GB4943.1-2011
- Available in 16-lead SOIC_W package and 24 terminal LGA package
The ADP1071-1/ADP1071-2 are pulse-width modulation (PWM) current mode fixed frequency synchronous flyback controllers designed for isolated dc-to-dc power supplies. Analog Devices proprietary iCouplers® are integrated in the ADP1071-1/ADP1071-2 to eliminate the bulky signal trans-formers and optocouplers that transmit signals over the isolation boundary. Integrating the iCouplers reduces system design complexity, cost, and component count and improves overall system reliability. With the integrated isolators and metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) drivers on both the primary and the secondary side, the ADP1071-1/ADP1071-2 offer a compact system level design and yield a higher efficiency than a diode rectified flyback converter at heavy loads.
Output regulation is achieved by sensing the output voltage on the secondary side, where the feedback and the PWM signals are transmitted between the primary and secondary sides through the iCouplers.
The ADP1071-1/ADP1071-2 are offered in a 16-lead SOIC_W package with an isolation voltage rating of 5 kV rms. The ADP1071-2 is designed for isolated dc-to-dc applications typically with an input voltage less than 36 V, and the ADP1071-1 targets high input voltage applications, in which the dc input voltage can exceed 60 V.
The ADP1071-1/ADP1071-2 offer features such as input current protection, output overvoltage protection (OVP), undervoltage lockout (UVLO), precision enable with adjustable hysteresis, overtemperature protection (OTP), and power saving light load mode (LLM).
- Isolated dc-to-dc or ac-to-dc power conversion
- Telecom, industrial
- Small cell
- PoE powered device
- Enterprise switches and routers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP1071-2EBZ3.3V evaluation board allows users to evaluate the ADP1071-2 in a power supply application.
The ADP1071-2EBZ3.3V evaluation board is set up to act as an isolated power supply unit (PSU), with a rated load of 3.3 Vdc 3 A from a 36 Vdc to 60 Vdc source. There is also an auxiliary output of 8.0 Vdc, 10 mA. The operation of the converter is in continuous conduction mode (CCM).
All connectors and multiple test points allow easy access to all critical circuit nodes and pins of the ADP1071-2.
Multiple test points allow easy access to all critical circuit nodes and pins of the ADP1071-2.
Full data on the ADP1071-2 can be found in the ADP1071-2 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc., which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full support evaluation kit for the ADP1071-1/ADP1071-2
- 10 W flyback topology
- 3.3 V output voltage (Vdc)
- 3 A steady state
- Auxiliary output of 8.0 Vdc, 10 mA
- Forced CCM operation
- Integrated drivers primary side MOSFET and secondary side synchronous rectifier
- External reference signal tracking
- Precision enable undervoltage lockout with hysteresis
- Short-circuit, output overvoltage, and overtemperature protection
- Cycle by cycle input overcurrent protection
- Frequency synchronization
- Soft start and soft stop functionality
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADP1071-1ACCZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||24-terminal LGA (8 mm x 4 mm x 1.2 mm)|
|ADP1071-1ACCZ-R7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||24-terminal LGA (8 mm x 4 mm x 1.2 mm)|
|ADP1071-1ACCZ-RL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||24-terminal LGA (8 mm x 4 mm x 1.2 mm)|
|ADP1071-1ARWZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead SOIC Wide|
|ADP1071-1ARWZ-R7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead SOIC Wide|
|ADP1071-1ARWZ-RL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead SOIC Wide|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.