Features and Benefits
- 5 kV rms/3.75 kV rms LVDS isolator
- Complies with TIA/EIA-644-A LVDS standard
- Multiple dual-channel configurations
- Up to 600 Mbps switching with low jitter
- 4.5 ns maximum propagation delay
- 151 ps maximum peak-to-peak total jitter at 600 Mbps
- 100 ps maximum pulse skew
- 600 ps maximum part to part skew
- 2.5 V or 3.3 V supplies
- −75 dBc power supply ripple rejection and glitch immunity
- ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection across isolation barrier
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Passes EN55022 Class B radiated emissions limits with 600 Mbps PRBS
- Safety and regulatory approvals (20-lead SOIC package)
- UL: 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 424 V peak
- Fail-safe output high for open, short, and terminated input conditions (ADN4651/ADN4652)
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Choice of package and isolation options
- 3.75 kV rms in highly integrated 20-lead SSOP
- 5 kV rms in 20-lead SOIC with 7.8 mm creepage/clearance
The devices integrate Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, enhanced for high speed operation, to provide galvanic isolation of the TIA/EIA-644-A compliant LVDS drivers and receivers. This technology allows drop-in isolation of an LVDS signal chain.
Multiple channel configurations are offered, and the LVDS receivers on the ADN4651/ADN4652 include a fail-safe mechanism to ensure a Logic 1 on the corresponding LVDS driver output when the inputs are floating, shorted, or terminated, but not driven.
For high speed operation with low jitter, the LVDS and isolator circuits rely on a 2.5 V supply. An integrated on-chip low dropout regulator (LDO) can provide the required 2.5 V from an external 3.3 V power supply. The devices are fully specified over a wide industrial temperature range and are available in a 20-lead, wide body SOIC package with 5 kV rms isolation or a 20-lead SSOP package with 3.75 kV rms isolation.
- Analog front-end (AFE) isolation
- Data plane isolation
- Isolated high speed clock and data links
- Isolated serial peripheral interface (SPI) over LVDS
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADN4650EB1Z allows quick and easy evaluation of the ADN4650 low-voltage differential signalling (LVDS) isolator without the need for external components. The ADN4650 employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 2-channel isolator with an LVDS receiver and driver into a single, 20-lead wide body SOIC package. It is capable of running at data rates of up to 600 Mbps with very low jitter.
The evaluation board has separate ground and power planes for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADN4650 with galvanic isolation between both sides of the device. Jumper-selectable power supplies at 3.3 V or 2.5 V are required on each side of the ADN4650. Using an on-chip LDO, 2.5 V can be provided from an external 3.3 V power supply.
Complete information about the ADN4650 is available in the ADN4650 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-933 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Isolated ground planes (logic side and bus side)
- Convenient connections through SMA terminals
- 3.3 V/2.5 V power on Side 1 (VIN1/VDD1) and Side 2 (VIN2/VDD2)
- Ground on Side 1 (GND1) and Side 2 (GND2)
- LVDS input signals: DIN1+, DIN1−, DIN2+, DIN2−
- LVDS output signals: DOUT1+, DOUT1−, DOUT2+, DOUT2−
- Jumper-selectable supply power of 3.3 V or 2.5 V
- Termination resistors on all LVDS drivers/receivers
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.