Features and Benefits
- Precision Supply Voltage Monitor
- 4.65 V ADM690A/ADM802L/ADM805L
- 4.40 V ADM692A/ADM802M/ADM805M
- Reset Assertion Down to 1 V VCC
- Reset Timeout—200 ms
- Watchdog Timer—1.6 s
- 100 mA Quiescent Supply Current
- Automatic Battery Backup Power Switching
- Voltage Monitor for Power Fail
- ±2% Power Fail Accuracy on ADM802L/M
- Space-Saving MicroSOIC Package (ADM690A)
Product DetailsThe ADM690A/ADM692A/ADM802L/M/ADM805L/M family of supervisory circuits offers complete single chip solutions for power supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor systems. These functions include mP reset, backup battery switchover, watchdog timer, and power failure warning.
The ADM690A/ADM692A/ADM802L/M/ADM805L/M are available in 8-pin packages and provide:
- Power-on reset output during power-up, power-down and brownout conditions. The RESET output remains operational with VCC as low as 1 V.
- Battery backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS microprocessor or other low power devices.
- A reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within 1.6 seconds.
- A 1.25 V threshold detector for power fail warning, low battery detection, or to monitor a power supply other than +5 V.
On the ADM690A/ADM802L/ADM805L the reset voltage threshold is 4.65 V. On the ADM692A/ADM802M/ ADM805M, the reset voltage threshold is 4.40 V.
The ADM802L/ADM802M guarantee power fail accuracies to ±2%.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.