Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 4.5 V to 16 V
- Maximum output current: 800 mA
- Adjustable output from 1.5 V to 5.1 V
- Low noise
- 1.0 μV rms total integrated noise from 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- 1.6 μV rms total integrated noise from 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Noise spectral density: 1.7 nV√Hz from 10 kHz to 1 MHz
- Power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) at 400 mA load
- >90 dB from 1 kHz to 100 kHz, VOUT = 5 V
- >60 dB at 1 MHz, VOUT = 5 V
- Dropout voltage: 0.6 V at VOUT = 5 V, 800 mA load
- Initial voltage accuracy: ±1%
- Voltage accuracy over line, load and temperature: ±2%
- Quiescent current (IGND): 4.3 mA at no load
- Low shutdown current: 0.1 μA
- Stable with a 10 μF ceramic output capacitor
- 8-lead LFCSP package and 8-lead SOIC package
The ADM7151 is a low dropout (LDO) linear regulator that operates from 4.5 V to 16 V and provides up to 800 mA of output current. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, it provides high power supply rejection (>90 dB from 1 kHz to 1 MHz), ultralow noise (1.7 nV√Hz from 10 kHz to 1 MHz), and excellent line and load transient response with a 10 μF ceramic output capacitor. The output voltage can be set to any voltage between 1.5 V and 5.1 V with two resistors.
The ADM7151 is available in two models that optimize power dissipation and PSRR performance as a function of input and output voltage. See Table 6 and Table 7 for selection guides.
The ADM7151 regulator output noise is 1.0 μV rms from 100 Hz to 100 kHz, and the noise spectral density is 1.7 nV/√Hz from 10 kHz to 1 MHz.
The ADM7151 is available in 8-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP and 8-lead SOIC packages, making it not only a very compact solution, but also providing excellent thermal performance for applications requiring up to 800 mA of output current in a small, low profile footprint.
ADM7151 is an adjustable Vout device. For fixed Vout version of the ADM7151, see the ADM7150.
- Regulated power noise sensitive applications
- RF mixers, phase-locked loops (PLLs), voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), and PLLs with integrated VCOs
- Clock distribution circuits
- Ultrasound and other imaging applications
- High speed RF transceivers
- High speed, 16-bit or greater ADCs
- Communications and infrastructure
- Cable digital-to-analog converter (DAC) drivers
Markets and Technologies
- In Vitro Diagnostics
- Life Sciences & Medical Instrumentation
- Temperature Measurement
- Vital Signs Measurements
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Measurement
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) Measurement
- Non-Invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP)
- Respiration Rate Measurement
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) Measurement
- Disease Management & Wellness
- Body Composition, Hydration, Bioimpedance Analysis
- Insulin Pump
- Activity Tracking & Fall Detection
- Wearable Health Monitor
- Medical Ultrasound
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADM7150CP-EVALZ and ADM7151CP-04-EVALZ evaluation boards are used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADM7150 and ADM7151 linear regulators, respectively.
Simple device measurements, such as line and load regulation, dropout, and ground current, can be demonstrated with just a single voltage source, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
Note:ADM7151 is adjustable and requires two resistors to set the output voltage
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (2)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.