Microprocessor Supervisor with Chip Enable Signals, Adjustable Low Line Voltage Monitor, Adjustable Watchdog Timer, Low Line, Power Fail and Watchdog Status Outputs, Reduced Power Consumption. Upgrade for ADM697
Features and Benefits
- Superior Upgrade for MAX696/MAX697
- Specified Over Temperature
- Adjustable Low Line Voltage Monitor
- Power OK/Reset Time Delay
- Reset Assertion Down to 1 V VCC
- Watchdog Timer—100 ms, 1.6 s, or Adjustable
- Low Switch On Resistance
- 1.5 O Normal, 20 O in Backup
- 600 nA Standby Current
- Automatic Battery Backup Switching (ADM696)
- Fast On-Board Gating of Chip Enable Signals (ADM697)
- Voltage Monitor for Power Fail or Low Battery Warning
Product DetailsThe ADM696/ADM697 supervisory circuits offer complete single chip solutions for power supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor systems. These functions include µP reset, backup-battery switchover, watchdog timer, CMOS RAM write protection, and power failure warning.
The ADM696/ADM697 are available in 16-pin DIP and small outline packages and provide the following functions:
- Power-On Reset output during power-up, power-down and brownout conditions. The RESET voltage threshold is adjustable using an external voltage divider. The RESET output remains operational with VCC as low as 1 V.
- A Reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within specified time.
- Separate watchdog time-out and low line status outputs.
- Adjustable reset and watchdog timeout periods.
- A 1.3 V threshold detector for power fail warning, low battery detection, or to monitor a power supply other than VCC.
- Battery backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS micro-processor or other low power logic
- Write protection of CMOS RAM or EEPROM (ADM697).
The ADM696/ADM697 is fabricated using an advanced epitaxial CMOS process combining low power consumption (5 mW), extremely fast Chip Enable gating (5 ns) and high reliability. RESET assertion is guaranteed with VCC as low as 1 V. In addition, the power switching circuitry is designed for minimal voltage drop thereby permitting increased output current drive of up to 100 mA without the need for an external pass transistor.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.