Features and Benefits
- DO-178C/DO-254 Design Assurance Level (DAL) B certification intent
- ED-12C certification intent
- Triaxial, digital gyroscope, ±450°/sec dynamic range
- ±0.018° axis-to-axis misalignment error
- 6°/Hr in-run bias stability
- 0.3°/√Hr angular random walk
- 0.045°/sec nonlinearity
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, ±5 g dynamic range
- Triaxial, delta angle and delta velocity outputs
- Factory calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI) compatible
Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- 4 FIR filter banks, 120 configurable taps
- Digital I/O: data ready alarm indicator, external clock
- Alarms for condition monitoring
- Power-down/sleep mode for power management
- Optional external sample clock input: up to 2.4 kHz
- Continuous self test of inertial sensors
- On demand self test of inertial sensors
- Continuous CRC-based memory testing
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g mechanical shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIS16487 is a complete inertial system that includes a triaxis gyroscope and a triaxis accelerometer. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16487 combines industry leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyroscope bias). As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements.
The ADIS16487 provides a simple, cost effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The SPI and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
For interests requiring evidence of avionics or safety critical applicability, this device supports certification to DO-178C/ DO-254 DAL B within systems, which have completed either U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) audits, and can under specific commercial arrangements be supported by preassessment and audit acceptance artifacts.
The ADIS16487 uses the same footprint and connector system as the ADIS16375, ADIS16480, ADIS16485, and ADIS16488A, which greatly simplifies the upgrade process. The ADIS16487 is packaged in a module that is approximately 47 mm × 44 mm × 14 mm and includes a standard connector interface.
- Attitude and heading reference systems
- Platform stabilization and control
- Unmanned vehicle navigation
- Robotics and instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
The ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ is a breakout board for many of the ADIS16xxx IMU and gyroscope products. It provides a series of tapped M2x0.4mm machine screw holes to support direct-mounting with several different package styles, along with a 16-pin, dual-row, 2mm connect interface that supports simple connection with remote processor boards, using up to 12 inches of a 1mm ribbon cable.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.