Features and Benefits
- Triaxial digital gyroscope, ±450°/sec dynamic range (minimum)
- ±0.018° axis to axis misalignment error (typical)
- 5.3°/hr in-run bias stability (typical)
- 0.25°/√hr angular random walk (typical)
- 0.01% FS nonlinearity
- Triaxial digital accelerometer, ±18 g dynamic range (minimum)
- Triaxial, delta angle, and delta velocity outputs
- Factory calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI compatible
- Single VDD power supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g mechanical shock survivability
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- 4 FIR filter banks, 120 configurable taps
- Digital input and output: data ready alarm indicator, external clock
- Alarms for condition monitoring
- Power-down and sleep mode for power management
- Optional external sync input clock: 2.4 kHz (maximum)
- Continuous self test of inertial sensors
- On demand self test of inertial sensors
- Continuous CRC-based memory testing
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIS16486 is a complete inertial system that includes a triaxis gyroscope and a triaxis accelerometer. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16486 combines industry leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyroscope bias). Therefore, each sensor has dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements.
The ADIS16486 provides a simple, cost effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, which reduces system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control. Parylene coating of all internal circuitry provides a protective barrier against moisture exposure.
The ADIS16486 uses the same footprint and connector system as the ADIS16480, ADIS16485, ADIS16487, and ADIS16488A, which greatly simplifies the upgrade process. The ADIS16486 is packaged in a module that is approximately 47 mm × 44 mm × 14 mm with a 24-lead standard connector interface.
- Attitude and heading reference systems
- Platform stabilization and control
- Unmanned vehicle navigation
- Robotics and instrumentation
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ is a breakout board for many of the ADIS16xxx IMU and gyroscope products. It provides a series of tapped M2x0.4mm machine screw holes to support direct-mounting with several different package styles, along with a 16-pin, dual-row, 2mm connect interface that supports simple connection with remote processor boards, using up to 12 inches of a 1mm ribbon cable.
Features & Benefits
- Simplify prototype connection of many ADIS16xxx devices to existing embedded processor systems.
- Necessary to connect some ADIS16xxx devices to the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system.
- Comes with a kit of M2x0.4 machine screws and hardware to simplify DUT attachment.
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
The EVAL-ADIS2 platform has been superseded by the EVAL-ADIS-FX3 which is a newer open-source evaluation platform.
The EVAL ADIS2 is not recommended for new designs.
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.