Features and Benefits
- Triaxial, digital gyroscope
- ±125°/sec, ±500°/sec, ±2000°/sec dynamic range models
- 2°/hr in-run bias stability (ADIS16467-1)
- 0.15°/√hr angular random walk (ADIS16467-1 and ADIS16467-2)
- ±0.05° axis to axis misalignment error
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, ±40 g
- 13 μg in-run bias stability
- Triaxial, delta angle, and delta velocity outputs
- Factory calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI-compatible data communications
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Data ready indicator for synchronous data acquisition
- External sync modes: direct, pulse, scaled, and output
- On demand self test of inertial sensors
- On demand self test of flash memory
- Single-supply operation (VDD): 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g mechanical shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIS16467 is a precision, microelectric mechanical system (MEMS), inertial measurement unit (IMU) that includes a triaxial gyroscope and a triaxial accelerometer. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16467 combines with signal conditioning to optimize dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, linear acceleration (gyroscope bias), and point of percussion (accelerometer location). Therefore, each sensor has dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements over a broad set of conditions.
The ADIS16467 provides a simple, cost effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared to the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16467 is in an aluminum module package that is approximately 22.4 mm × 24.3 mm × 9 mm with a 14-lead connector interface.
- Navigation, stabilization, and instrumentation
- Unmanned and autonomous vehicles
- Smart agriculture and construction machinery
- Factory/industrial automation, robotics
- Virtual/augmented reality
- Internet of Moving Things
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
This adaptor board allows for easy plug and play connection of Analog Devices Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) devices to the Raspberry Pi platform, providing application and software development.
There are two ways in which to connect your IMU to this adaptor board.
- Direct board mounting using the screws and mounting locations provided.
- Mount the IMU to a separate ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ or ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ breakout board and use the flexible 16-position ribbon cable to the EVAL-ADISIMU1-RPIZ.
This helps both software development as well as enabling real world application verification with the ability to physically move the sensor.
Features & Benefits
- Simplifies software and application prototyping of IMU’s on Raspberry Pi Platform
- Direct mounting for software development
- Ribbon cable mounting for application testing and verification
- Connects to ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ and ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ compatible IMU devices
- Connectable to Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4 through the 40pin GPIO connector
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
The ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ is a kit of components that simplifies the process of connecting ADIS16xxx IMU products to an embedded processor development platform or to the EVAL-ADIS evaluation system. This kit has four KEY components: interface board, stand-off, mounting hardware and a ribbon cable.
- Industrial instrumentation
- Platform stabilization systems
- Personnel tracking
Features & Benefits
- ADIS1646x-Compatible Breakout Board
- 44mm x 47mm Interface Board Size
- M2x0.4mm Mounting Hardware Kit
- 7mm Spacer for flat surface interface
- 16-pinm 12-inch Ribbon Cable
- RoHS Compliant
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.