Suggested Replacement Parts :
Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
AvailabilityThis model is Obsolete and all models in the family are Obsolete
ADIS16407 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) Wins 2011 Best Electronic Design Award in Analog and Mixed Signal Category.
Evaluation Kits (4)
The ADIS16407/PCBZ will not be available for purchase after February 28, 2014. For future breakout board support, order the ADIS16407BMLZ and ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ instead.
The ADIS16407/PCB is a "breakout board," which provides (1) ADIS16407BMLZ and (1) interface PCB to simplify the process of "prototyping" during the early stages of system design and evaluation. The ADIS16407BMLZ is a fully-calibrated, MEMS IMU, which provides a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for all digital communications. It provides a dual-row, 24-pin connector interface that minimizes board space but does not support standard ribbon cable connections. The interface PCB provides access to the ADIS16407BMLZ, using dual-row, 12-pin connectors, which supports standard ribbon cable systems and hand-soldering connection techniques.
The EVAL-ADIS system provides a simple, PC-based tool, for evaluating iSensor products, for those who are not ready to integrate them into embedded processor systems. This system supports application software that enable basic demonstration, individual register access and high-speed data capture for each supported device. Each application software package comes with an installation wizard, which facilitates simple installation and also includes a simple USB-driver package that is easy to use. All software packages associated with the EVAL-ADIS are compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 and provides both 32-bit and 64-bit USB drivers. The EVAL-ADIS circuit board is 0.125” thick, which enables pre-drilled, pre-tapped mounting holes for each iSensor device. The mounting holes accommodate M2x0.4mm machine screws. This kit also includes 5 sets of M2x0.4 machines screws, which provide for the various package thickness and eliminate the need to procure additional hardware. The integrated power system eliminates the need for external power supplies in most cases, but does provide for an external power supply input, for supply-sensitivity testing. The power system uses the USB’s +5V and provides a linear regulator option for +3.3V devices.
Features & BenefitsPC/USB-Compatible Evaluation for Gyroscopes & IMU
- Windows XP, Vista, & 7
- 32- and 64-bit USB drivers
- No external supply required
IMU Evaluation Software
- Full-rate, synchronous data acquisition (Data Capture)
- Register configuration & review (Register Access)
- Real-time waveform recorder (Main Screen)
- ADIS16xxx to USB Interface Board
- 6-ft Mini-USB Cable
- M2x0.4 machine screw kit (20pcs)
The ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ provides a simple breakout board function for the ADIS1636x and ADIS1640x MEMS IMU product families. When used in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX, the ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ provides a simple breakout board function for the ADIS16334, ADIS16445 and ADIS16448 as well. This PCB has four mounting holes that will support use of M2.5 machine screws and provides access to critical IMU signals through a 2x8, 16-pin, 2mm pitch connection, which supports easy connection with standard ribbon cables (1mm systems). The ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ serves as a partial replacement for several obsoleted evaluation tools. Please see the following list:
- Replace the ADIS16334/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16334BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
- Replace the ADIS16445/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16445BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
- Replace the ADIS16448/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16448BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
Features & Benefits
Enables connection to the following products with a 16-conductor, 1mm ribbon cable:
- ADIS16334BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
- ADIS16445BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
- ADIS16448BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
This adaptor board allows for easy plug and play connection of Analog Devices Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) devices to the Raspberry Pi platform, providing application and software development.
There are two ways in which to connect your IMU to this adaptor board.
- Direct board mounting using the screws and mounting locations provided.
- Mount the IMU to a separate ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ or ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ breakout board and use the flexible 16-position ribbon cable to the EVAL-ADISIMU1-RPIZ.
This helps both software development as well as enabling real world application verification with the ability to physically move the sensor.
Features & Benefits
- Simplifies software and application prototyping of IMU’s on Raspberry Pi Platform
- Direct mounting for software development
- Ribbon cable mounting for application testing and verification
- Connects to ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ and ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ compatible IMU devices
- Connectable to Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4 through the 40pin GPIO connector
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.