ADIS16365: Six Degrees of Freedom Inertial Sensor Data Sheet (Rev. F)4/11/2019734 K
ADIS16365: Anomaly Data Sheet10/13/201546 K
Features and Benefits
- Triaxis digital gyroscope with digital range scaling
- ±75°/sec, ±150°/sec, ±300°/sec settings
- Tight orthogonal alignment: <0.05°
- Triaxis digital accelerometer: ±18 g
- Autonomous operation and data collection
- No external configuration commands required
- Start-up time: 180 ms
- Sleep mode recovery time: 4 ms
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- −40°C to +85°C calibration temperature range
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Wide bandwidth: 330 Hz
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Bartlett window, FIR filter length, number of taps
- Digital I/O: data ready, alarm indicator, general-purpose
- Alarms for condition monitoring
- Sleep mode for power management
- DAC output voltage
- Enable external sample clock input: up to 1.2 kHz
- Single-command self-test
- Single-supply operation: 4.75 V to 5.25 V
- 2000 g shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- ADIS16360 is obsolete
The ADIS16365 iSensor® device is a complete inertial systems that include a triaxis gyroscope and triaxis accelerometer. Each sensor in the ADIS16365 combines industry-leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyro bias). As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements.
The ADIS16365 provides a simple, cost-effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. An improved SPI interface and register structure provide faster data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16365 uses a compatible pinout and the same package as the ADIS1635x family. Therefore, systems that currently use the ADIS1635x family can upgrade their performance with minor firmware adjustments in their processor designs. These compact modules are approximately 23 mm × 23 mm × 23 mm and provide a flexible connector interface that enables multiple mounting orientation options.
- Medical instrumentation
- Platform control
The ADIS16360 is no longer available.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (3)
This adaptor board allows for easy plug and play connection of Analog Devices Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) devices to the Raspberry Pi platform, providing application and software development.
There are two ways in which to connect your IMU to this adaptor board.
- Direct board mounting using the screws and mounting locations provided.
- Mount the IMU to a separate ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ or ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ breakout board and use the flexible 16-position ribbon cable to the EVAL-ADISIMU1-RPIZ.
This helps both software development as well as enabling real world application verification with the ability to physically move the sensor.
Features & Benefits
- Simplifies software and application prototyping of IMU’s on Raspberry Pi Platform
- Direct mounting for software development
- Ribbon cable mounting for application testing and verification
- Connects to ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ and ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ compatible IMU devices
- Connectable to Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4 through the 40pin GPIO connector
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
The ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ provides a simple breakout board function for the ADIS1636x and ADIS1640x MEMS IMU product families. When used in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX, the ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ provides a simple breakout board function for the ADIS16334, ADIS16445 and ADIS16448 as well. This PCB has four mounting holes that will support use of M2.5 machine screws and provides access to critical IMU signals through a 2x8, 16-pin, 2mm pitch connection, which supports easy connection with standard ribbon cables (1mm systems). The ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ serves as a partial replacement for several obsoleted evaluation tools. Please see the following list:
- Replace the ADIS16334/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16334BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
- Replace the ADIS16445/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16445BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
- Replace the ADIS16448/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16448BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
Features & Benefits
Enables connection to the following products with a 16-conductor, 1mm ribbon cable:
- ADIS16334BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
- ADIS16445BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
- ADIS16448BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
Documentation & Resources
AN-1045: iSensor® IMU Mounting Tips (Rev. 0)2/14/201588K
AN-1041: iSensor® IMU Quick Start Guide and Bias Optimization Tips (Rev. 0)2/14/2015107 K
UG-363: ADISUSB User Guide1/18/2012671 kB
TRX Systems Case Study12/18/2014
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADIS16365BMLZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||24-Lead Module with Connector Interface|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.