Features and Benefits
- Triaxis digital gyroscope with digital range scaling
- ±75°/sec, ±150°/sec, ±300°/sec settings
- Tight orthogonal alignment: <0.05°
- Triaxis digital accelerometer: ±1.7 g
- Wide sensor bandwidth: 330 Hz
- Autonomous operation and data collection
- No external configuration commands required
- Start-up time: 180 ms
- Sleep mode recovery time: 4 ms
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −20°C to +70°C
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Bartlett window FIR filter length, number of taps
- Digital I/O: data ready, alarm indicator, general-purpose
- Alarms for condition monitoring
- Sleep mode for power management
- DAC output voltage
- Enable external sample clock input: up to 1.2 kHz
- Single-command self-test
- Single-supply operation: 4.75 V to 5.25 V
- 2000 g shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIS16362 iSensor® is a complete inertial system that includes a triaxis gyroscope and triaxis accelerometer. Each sensor in the ADIS16362 combines industry-leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyro bias). As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements over a temperature range of −20°C to +70°C.
The ADIS16362 provides a simple, cost-effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis, inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. An improved SPI interface and register structure provide faster data collection and configuration control. The ADIS16362 uses a compatible pinout and the same package as the ADIS1635x family. Therefore, systems that currently use the ADIS1635x family can upgrade their performance with minor firmware adjustments in their processor designs.
This compact module is approximately 23 mm × 23 mm × 23 mm and provides a flexible connector interface that enables multiple mounting orientation options.
- Medical instrumentation
- Platform control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
The ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ provides a simple breakout board function for the ADIS1636x and ADIS1640x MEMS IMU product families. When used in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX, the ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ provides a simple breakout board function for the ADIS16334, ADIS16445 and ADIS16448 as well. This PCB has four mounting holes that will support use of M2.5 machine screws and provides access to critical IMU signals through a 2x8, 16-pin, 2mm pitch connection, which supports easy connection with standard ribbon cables (1mm systems). The ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ serves as a partial replacement for several obsoleted evaluation tools. Please see the following list:
- Replace the ADIS16334/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16334BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
- Replace the ADIS16445/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16445BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
- Replace the ADIS16448/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16448BMLZ, (1) ADIS16IMU2/PCBZ and (1) ADIS1644X/FLEX
Features & Benefits
Enables connection to the following products with a 16-conductor, 1mm ribbon cable:
- ADIS16334BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
- ADIS16445BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
- ADIS16448BMLZ (in conjunction with an ADIS1644X/FLEX)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.