Features and Benefits
- Yaw rate gyroscope with range scaling ±80°/sec, ±160°/sec, and ±320°/sec settings
- No external configuration required to start data collection
- Start-up time: 165 ms
- Sleep mode recovery time: 2.5 ms
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity and bias
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Relative angle displacement output
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Sensor bandwidth selection: 50 Hz/330 Hz
- Sample rate: 256 SPS/2048 SPS settings
- Bartlett window FIR filter length, number of taps
- Digital I/O: data ready, alarm indicator, general-purpose
- Alarms for condition monitoring
- Sleep mode for power management
- DAC output voltage
- Single-command self-test
- Single-supply operation: 4.75 V to 5.25 V
- 3.3 V compatible digital lines
- 2000 g shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIS16260 and ADIS16265 are programmable digital gyroscopes that combine industry-leading MEMS and signal processing technology in a single compact package. They provide accuracy performance that would require full motion calibration with any other MEMS gyroscope in their class. When power is applied, the ADIS16260 and ADIS16265 automatically start up and begin sampling sensor data, without requiring configuration commands from a system processor. An addressable register structure and a common serial peripheral interface (SPI) provide simple access to sensor data and configuration settings. Many digital processor platforms support the SPI with simple firmware-level instructions.
The ADIS16260 and ADIS16265 provide several programmable features for in-system optimization. The sensor bandwidth switch (50 Hz and 330 Hz), Bartlett window FIR filter length, and sample rate settings provide users with controls that enable noise vs. bandwidth optimization. The digital input/output lines offer options for a data ready signal that helps the master processor efficiently manage data coherency, an alarm indicator signal for triggering master processor interrupts, and a general-purpose function for setting and monitoring system-level digital controls/ conditions.
The ADIS16260 and ADIS16265 are drop-in replacements for the ADIS1625x family and come in LGA packages (11.2 mm × 11.2 mm × 5.5 mm) that meet Pb-free solder reflow profile requirements, per JEDEC J-STD-020. They have an extended operating temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Platform control and stabilization
- Medical instrumentation
Markets & Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16265/PCBZ is a breakout board that provides (1) ADIS16265BCCZ and (1) interface PCB to simplify the process of "prototyping" during the early stages of system design and evaluation. The ADIS16265BCCZ is a fully-calibrated, digital MEMS gyroscope, which provides a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for all digital communications. It is in a 20-lead, LGA package that minimizes board space but does not support typical prototype soldering processes. The interface PCB provides access to the ADIS16265BCCZ, using dual-row, 12-pin connectors, which supports standard ribbon cable systems and hand-soldering connection techniques.
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.