Features and Benefits
- Dual-mode inclinometer system
- Dual-axis, horizontal operation, ±90°
- Single-axis, vertical operation, ±180°
- High accuracy, 0.1°
- Digital inclination data, 0.025° resolution
- Digital acceleration data, 0.244 mg resolution
- ±1.7 g accelerometer measurement range
- Digital temperature sensor output
- Digitally controlled bias calibration
- Digitally controlled sample rate
- Digitally controlled frequency response
- Dual alarm settings with rate/threshold limits
- Auxiliary digital I/O
- Digitally activated self-test
- Digitally activated low power mode
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Auxiliary 12-bit ADC input and DAC output
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 3500 g powered shock survivability
The ADIS16209 is a high accuracy, digital inclinometer that accommodates both single-axis (±180°) and dual-axis (±90°) operation. The standard supply voltage (3.3 V) and serial peripheral interface (SPI) enable simple integration into most industrial system designs. A simple internal register structure handles all output data and configuration features. This includes access to the following output data: calibrated acceleration, accurate incline angles, power supply, internal temperature, auxiliary analog and digital input signals, diagnostic error flags, and programmable alarm conditions.
Configurable operating parameters include sample rate, power management, digital filtering, auxiliary analog and digital output, offset/null adjustment, and self-test for sensor mechanical structure.
The ADIS16209 is available in a 9.2 mm × 9.2 mm × 3.9 mm LGA package that operates over a temperature range of −40°C to +125°C. It can be attached using standard RoHS-compliant solder reflow processes.
- Platform control, stabilization, and alignment
- Tilt sensing, inclinometers, leveling
- Motion/position measurement
- Monitor/alarm devices (security, medical, safety)
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16209/PCBZ is a breakout board that provides (1) ADIS16209CCCZ and (1) interface PCB to simplify the process of "prototyping" during the early stages of system design and evaluation. The ADIS16209CCCZ is a fully-calibrated, digital MEMS inclinometer, which provides a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for all digital communications. It is in a 16-lead, LGA package that minimizes board space but does not support typical prototype soldering processes. The interface PCB provides access to the ADIS16209CCCZ, using dual-row, 12-pin connectors, which supports standard ribbon cable systems and hand-soldering connection techniques.
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
Software & Systems Requirements
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.