Features and Benefits
- Dual-axis inclinometer/accelerometer measurements
- 12-, 14-bit digital inclination/acceleration sensor outputs
- ±1.7 g accelerometer measurement range
- ±90° inclinometer measurement range, linear output
- 12-bit digital temperature sensor output
- Digitally controlled sensitivity and bias calibration
- Digitally controlled sample rate
- Digitally controlled frequency response
- Dual alarm settings with rate/threshold limits
- Auxiliary digital I/O
- Digitally activated self test
- Digitally activated low power mode
- SPI®-compatible serial interface
- Auxiliary 12-bit ADC input and DAC output
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to +3.6 V
- 3500 g powered shock survivability
The ADIS16201 is a complete, dual-axis acceleration and inclination angle measurement system available in a single compact package enabled by the Analog Devices iSensor™ integration. By enhancing the Analog Devices iMEMS® sensor technology with an embedded signal processing solution, the ADIS16201 provides factory calibrated and tunable digital sensor data in a convenient format that can be accessed using a serial peripheral interface (SPI). The SPI interface provides access to measurements for dual-axis linear acceleration, dual-axis linear inclination angle, temperature, power supply, and one auxiliary analog input. Easy access to calibrated digital sensor data provides developers with a system-ready device, reducing development time, cost, and program risk.
Unique characteristics of the end system are accommodated easily through several built-in features, such as a single command in-system offset calibration, along with convenient sample rate and bandwidth control.
The ADIS16201 offers the following embedded features, which eliminate the need for external circuitry and provide a simplified system interface:
- Configurable alarm function
- Auxiliary 12-bit ADC
- Auxiliary 12-bit DAC
- Configurable digital I/O port
- Digital self-test function
The ADIS16201 offers two power management features for managing system-level power dissipation: low power mode and a configurable shutdown feature.
The ADIS16201 is available in a 9.2 mm × 9.2 mm × 3.9 mm laminate-based land grid array (LGA) package with a temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Platform control, stabilization, and leveling
- Tilt sensing, inclinometers
- Motion/position measurement
- Monitor/alarm devices (security, medical, safety)
Markets & Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16201/PCBZ is a breakout board that provides (1) ADIS16201CCCZ and (1) interface PCB to simplify the process of "prototyping" during the early stages of system design and evaluation. The ADIS16201CCCZ is a fully-calibrated, digital MEMS inclinometer, which provides a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for all digital communications. It is in a 16-lead, LGA package that minimizes board space but does not support typical prototype soldering processes. The interface PCB provides access to the ADIS16201CCCZ, using dual-row, 12-pin connectors, which supports standard ribbon cable systems and hand-soldering connection techniques.
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.