Features and Benefits
- Digital gyroscope system, ±300°/sec measurement range
- In-run bias stability, ~6°/hour
~11°/hour over temperature: −40°C to +85°C
- Autonomous operation and data collection
No external configuration commands required
Start-up time: 181 ms; sleep mode recovery: 5 ms
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity and bias
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Single serial peripheral interface, SPI compatible
- Wide bandwidth: 335 Hz
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Digital filters: Bartlett FIR, average/decimation
- Internal sample rate: up to 2048 SPS
- Digital I/O: data ready, alarm indicator, general-purpose
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADIS16135 iSensor® is a high performance, digital scope sensing system that operates autonomously and requires no user configuration to produce accurate rate sensing data. It provides performance advantages with low noise density, wide bandwidth, and excellent in-run bias stability, which are enabling for applications such as platform control, navigation, robotics, and medical instrumentation.
This sensor system combines industry-leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes the entire sensor signal chain for sensitivity and bias over a temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. As a result, each ADIS16135 has its own unique correction formulas to produce accurate measurements upon installation. For some systems, the factory calibration eliminates the need for system-level calibration and greatly simplifies it for others.
The ADIS16135 samples data at rates of up to 2048 SPS and offers an averaging/decimation filter structure for optimizing noise/bandwidth trade-offs. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) and user register structure provide easy access to configuration controls and calibrated sensor data for embedded processor platforms.
The 36 mm × 44 mm × 14 package provides four holes for simple mechanical attachment, using M2 (or 2-56 standard size) machine screws along with a standard 24-pin, dual-row, 1 mm pitch connector that supports electrical attachment to a printed circuit board or cable system. The ADIS16135 provides an operating temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Precision instrumentation
- Platform stabilization and control
- Industrial vehicle navigation Downhole instrumentation
Markets & Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ is a breakout board for many of the ADIS16xxx IMU and gyroscope products. It provides a series of tapped M2x0.4mm machine screw holes to support direct-mounting with several different package styles, along with a 16-pin, dual-row, 2mm connect interface that supports simple connection with remote processor boards, using up to 12 inches of a 1mm ribbon cable.
Features & Benefits
- Simplify prototype connection of many ADIS16xxx devices to existing embedded processor systems.
- Necessary to connect some ADIS16xxx devices to the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system.
- Comes with a kit of M2x0.4 machine screws and hardware to simplify DUT attachment.
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.