Features and Benefits
- SPI interface with error detection
- Includes CRC, invalid read/write address, and SCLK count error detection
- Supports burst mode and daisy-chain mode
- Industry-standard SPI Mode 0 and Mode 3 interface compatible
- Guaranteed break-before-make switching allowing external wiring of switches to deliver multiplexer configurations
- 1.5 Ω typical on resistance at 25°C
- 0.3 Ω typical on resistance flatness at 25°C
- 0.1 Ω typical on resistance match between channels at 25°C
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±5 V, and +12 V
- 1.8 V logic compatibility with 2.7 V ≤ VL ≤ 3.3 V
- 24-lead LFCSP
The ADGS1412 contains four independent single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switches. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) controls the switches. The SPI interface has robust error detection features such as cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and SCLK count error detection.
It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGS1412 devices together. Daisy-chain mode enables the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines. The ADGS1412 can also operate in burst mode to decrease the time between SPI commands.
iCMOS construction ensures ultralow power dissipation, making the device ideally suited for portable and battery-powered instruments.
Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked.
The on-resistance profile is flat over the full analog input range, which ensures good linearity and low distortion when switching audio signals.
- SPI interface removes the need for parallel conversion, logic traces and reduces general-purpose input/output (GPIO) channel count.
- Daisy-chain mode removes additional logic traces when multiple devices are used.
- CRC error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and SCLK count error detection ensures a robust digital interface.
- CRC and error detection capabilities allow the use of the ADGS1412 in safety critical systems.
- Guaranteed break-before-make switching allows the use of the ADGS1412 in multiplexer configurations with external wiring.
- Minimum distortion.
- Automated test equipment
- Data acquisition systems
- Battery-powered systems
- Sample-and-hold systems
- Audio signal routing
- Video signal routing
- Communications systems
- Relay replacement
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADGS1412SDZ is the evaluation board for the ADGS1412. The ADGS1412 is an iCMOS, quad single-pole, single-throw (SPST) switch controlled by a serial peripheral interface (SPI). The SPI has robust error detection features. These are cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read/write address detection and serial clock (SCLK) count error detection. It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGS1412 devices together. This enables the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines. The ADGS1412 also supports burst mode that decreases the time between SPI commands.
The EVAL-ADGS1412SDZ is controlled by the SDP which connects to a PC via USB. The ADGS1412 is on the center of the evaluation board, and wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals power the device and a fourth terminal provides users defined digital logic supply voltage, if required. Alternatively, the digital logic supply voltage can be supplied from the SDP.
Full specifications on the ADGS1412 are available in the ADGS1412 data sheet available from Analog Devices and should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-1067 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP board. The EVAL-SDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board) is available to order on the Analog Devices website at www.analog.com.
Features & Benefits
- SPI interface with error detection
- Includes CRC, invalid read/write address and SCLK count error detection
- Analog supply voltages
- Dual-supply: ±4.5 V to ±16.5 V
- Single-supply: 5 V to 20 V
- PC control in conjunction with the evaluation software EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.