Features and Benefits
- Fully operational down to 0 Hz/dc
- On resistance: 2.9 Ω (maximum)
- Off leakage: 0.5 nA (maximum)
- −3 dB bandwidth
- 10.8 GHz (typical) for RF1, RF4
- 13 GHz (typical) for RF2, RF3
- RF performance characteristics
- Insertion loss: 0.45 dB (typical) at 2.5 GHz
- Isolation: 24 dB (typical) at 2.5 GHz
- IP3: 67 dBm (typical)
- RF input power: 32 dBm (maximum)
- Actuation lifetime: 1 billion cycles (minimum)
- Hermetically sealed switch contacts
- On switching time: 75 µs (maximum)
- ESD HBM rating
- 5 kV for RF1 to RF4 and RFC pins
- 2.5 kV for all other pins
- Integrated driver removes the need for an external driver
- Supply voltage: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- CMOS/LVTTL compatible
- Parallel and SPI Interface
- Independently controllable switches
- Switch is in an open state with no power supply present
- Requirement to avoid floating nodes on all RFx pins
- 5 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm, 24-lead LFCSP
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 85°C
The ADGM1004 is a wideband, single-pole, four-throw (SP4T) switch fabricated using Analog Devices, Inc., microelectro-mechanical system (MEMS) switch technology. This technology enables a small form factor, wide RF bandwidth, highly linear, low insertion loss switch that is operational from 0 Hz/dc to 13 GHz, making it an ideal solution for a wide range of RF and precision equipment switching needs.
An integrated driver chip generates a high voltage to electrostatically actuate switch that can be controlled by a parallel interface and a serial peripheral interface (SPI). All four switches are independently controllable.
The device is packaged in a 24-lead, 5 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm, lead frame chip-scale package (LFCSP).
To ensure optimum operation of the ADGM1004, follow the Critical Operational Requirements section exactly.
The on resistance (RON) performance of the ADGM1004 is affected by part to part variation, channel to channel variation, cycle actuations, settling time post turn on, bias voltage, and temperature changes.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as IN1/SDI, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, SDI, when only that function is relevant.
- Relay replacements
- Automatic test equipment (ATE): RF, digital, and mixed signals
- Load and probe boards: RF, digital, and mixed signals
- RF test instrumentation
- Reconfigurable filters and attenuators
- High performance RF switching
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADGM1004SDZ evaluates the ADGM1004 wideband, single-pole, four-throw (SP4T), microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) switch, and a control chip copackaged in a compact, 24-lead, 5 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm, lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP). The SP4T switch uses Analog Devices, Inc., MEMS switch technology, which provides optimum bandwidth performance, power handling capability, and linearity for radio frequency applications. The control chip generates the high voltage signals necessary for the MEMS switch and allows the user to control operation through a flexible, complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS), low voltage transistor to transistor logic (LVTTL) compliant, parallel interface, as well as through a serial peripheral interface (SPI). It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGM1004 devices together, which enables the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines.
For the SPI interface, the EVAL-ADGM1004SDZ connects to the USB port of a PC via a system demonstration platform (SDP) board. The EVAL-SDP-CB1Z (SDP-B) controller board is acceptable to use, and is available to order at www.analog.com/SDP-B.
The EVAL-ADGM1004SDZ is fitted with connectors for RF and control signals, as well as links that allow the user to control the operation of the switch and evaluate the performance of the ADGM1004.
For full specifications on the ADGM1004, consult the ADGM1004 data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADGM1004SDZ.
Features & Benefits
- Single supply voltage 3.3 V
- Wide frequency range
- SMA connectors for RF signals
- SMB connectors for switch control signals
- On-board calibration transmission line for analyzer calibration
Tools & Simulations
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.