Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single Supply
- 2.5 O (Typ) On Resistance
- Low On-Resistance Flatness (0.5 O)
- −3 dB Bandwidth >200 MHz
- Rail-to-Rail Operation
- 20 lead LFCSP package
- Fast Switching Times
tON 16 ns
tOFF 10 ns
- Typical Power Consumption
(<0.01 µW )
- TTL/CMOS Compatible
The ADG781, ADG782, and ADG783 are monolithic CMOS devices containing four independently selectable switches. These switches are designed on an advanced submicron process that provides low power dissipation and high switching speed, low on resistance, low leakage currents and high bandwidth.
They are designed to operate from a single 1.8 V to 5.5 V supply, making them ideal for use in battery powered instruments and with the new generation of DACs and ADCs from Analog Devices. Fast switching times and high bandwidth make the part suitable for video signal switching.
The ADG781, ADG782, and ADG783 contain four independent single-pole/single throw (SPST) switches. The ADG781 and ADG782 differ only in that the digital control logic is inverted. The ADG781 switches are turned on with a logic low on the appropriate control input, while a logic high is required to turn on the switches of the ADG782. The ADG783 contains two switches whose digital control logic is similar to the ADG781, while the logic is inverted on the other two switches.
Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when ON. The ADG783 exhibits break-before-make switching action. The ADG781 / ADG782 / ADG783 are available in 20-lead chip scale packages.
- 20-Lead 4 mm × 4 mm Chip Scale Package (CSP).
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single Supply Operation. The ADG781, ADG782, and ADG783 offer high performance and are fully specified and guaranteed with 3 V and 5 V supply rails.
- Very Low RON (4.5 Ω max at 5 V, 8 Ω max at 3 V). At supply voltage of 1.8 V, RON is typically 35 Ω over the temperature range.
- Low On-Resistance Flatness.
- –3 dB Bandwidth >200 MHz.
- Low Power Dissipation. CMOS construction ensures low power dissipation.
- Fast tON/tOFF.
- Break-Before-Make Switching. This prevents channel shorting when the switches are configured as a multiplexer (ADG783 only).
- Battery Powered Systems
- Communication Systems
- Sample Hold Systems
- Audio Signal Routing
- Video Switching
- Mechanical Reed Relay Replacement
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.