Features and Benefits
- ±2 V to ±6 V dual supply
- 2 V to 12 V single supply
- Automotive temperature range −40°C to +125°C
- <0.1 nA leakage currents
- 45 Ω on resistance over full signal range
- Rail-to-rail switching operation
- Differential 4-to-1 multiplexer
- 16-lead LFCSP/TSSOP/QSOP packages
- Typical power consumption <0.1 μW
- TTL/CMOS compatible inputs
- Package upgrades to 74HC4051 / 74HC4052 and MAX4051 / MAX4052 / MAX4581 / MAX4582
The ADG658 and ADG659 are low voltage, CMOS analog multiplexers comprised of eight single channels and four differential channels, respectively. The ADG658 switches one of eight inputs (S1–S8) to a common output, D, as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines A0, A1, and A2. The ADG659 switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output, as determined by the 2-bit binary address lines A0 and A1. An EN input on both devices enables or disables the device. When disabled, all channels are switched off.
These devices are designed on an enhanced process that provides lower power dissipation yet gives high switching speeds. These devices can operate equally well as either multiplexers or demultiplexers and have an input range that extends to the supplies. All channels exhibit break-before-make switching action, preventing momentary shorting when switching channels. All digital inputs have 0.8 V to 2.4 V logic thresholds, ensuring TTL/CMOS logic compatibility when using single +5 V or dual ±5 V supplies.
The ADG658 and ADG659 are available in 16-lead TSSOP/QSOP packages and 16-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP packages.
- Single- and dual-supply operation. The ADG658 and ADG659 offer high performance and are fully specified and guaranteed with ±5 V, +5 V, and +3 V supply rails.
- Automotive temperature range −40°C to +125°C.
- Low power consumption, typically <0.1 μW.
- 16-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP packages, 16-lead TSSOP package and 16-lead QSOP package.
- Automotive applications
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition systems
- Battery-powered systems
- Communication systems
- Audio and video signal routing
- Relay replacement
- Sample-and-hold systems
- Industrial control systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 16-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ to secure a 16-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 16-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K16 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 16 lead TSSOP evaluation board
- Clamp to allow the main device to be changed easily
- Gold pin connectors to allow the addition of passive components
- SMB connectors for the input/output of signals
- Additional space on board to allow for prototyping
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.