Features and Benefits
- High accuracy, active energy measurement IC supports IEC 62053-21
- Less than 0.1% error over a dynamic range of 1000 to 1
- Supplies active power on the frequency outputs, F1 and F2
- High frequency output CF is intended for calibration and supplies instantaneous active power
- Continuous monitoring of the phase and neutral current allows fault detection in 2-wire distribution systems
- Current channel input level best suited for shunt and current transformer sensors
- Uses the larger of the two currents (phase or neutral) to bill, even during a fault condition
- Continuous monitoring of the voltage and current inputs allows missing neutral detection
- Uses one current input (phase or neutral) to bill when missing neutral is detected
- Two logic outputs (FAULT and REVP) can be used to indicate a potential miswiring, fault, or missing neutral condition
- Direct drive for electromechanical counters and 2-phase stepper motors (F1 and F2)
- Proprietary ADCs and DSP provide high accuracy over large variations in environmental conditions and time
The ADE7761B is a high accuracy, fault-tolerant, electrical energy measurement IC intended for use with 2-wire distribution systems. The part specifications surpass the accuracy requirements as quoted in the IEC 62053-21 standard. The only analog circuitry used on the ADE7761B is in the ADCs and reference circuit. All other signal processing (such as multiplication and filtering) is carried out in the digital domain. This approach provides superior stability and accuracy over extremes in environmental conditions and over time. The ADE7761B incorporates a fault detection scheme similar to the ADE7751 by continuously monitoring both phase and neutral currents. A fault is indicated when the currents differ by more than 6.25%.
The ADE7761B incorporates a missing neutral detection scheme by continuously monitoring the input voltage. When a missing neutral condition is detected (no voltage input), the ADE7761B continues billing based on the active current signal (see the Missing Neutral Mode section). The missing neutral condition is indicated when the FAULT pin goes high. The ADE7761B supplies average active power information on the low frequency outputs, F1 and F2. The CF logic output gives instantaneous active power information.
The ADE7761B includes a power supply monitoring circuit on the VDD supply pin. Internal phase matching circuitry ensures that the voltage and current channels are matched. An internal no-load threshold ensures that the ADE7761B does not exhibit any creep when there is no load.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
A Tamper-Resistant Watt-Hour Energy Meter (Rev. AN-563)3/27/2008
• AD7751 Reference Board Design in Gerber Format
AN-687: A Low Cost Tamper-Resistant Energy Meter Based on the ADE7761 with Missing Neutral Function (Rev. 0)3/12/2004
A Tamper-Resistant Watt-Hour Energy Meter Based on the AD7751 (Rev. AN-574)10/3/2002
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADE7761BARSZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-Lead SSOP|
|ADE7761BARSZ-RL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-Lead SSOP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.