Features and Benefits
- Single channel, configurable, isolated digital input
- Programmable trip threshold
- On-chip debounce filter
- On-chip data and power isolation
- Application circuit monitors wide voltage range
- ±10 V dc to ±300 V dc
- 8 V rms to 240 V rms ac
- Programmable wetting current
- Pulse up to 205 mA
- Constant current up to 6.3 mA
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 3750 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- CSA 61010-1: 300 V rms
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-11 (VDE V 0884-11):2017-1
- VIORM = 565 V peak
- UL recognition
- EMC robust solution supports relay protection system level requirements
- ADC samples available for system diagnostics
- Internal SAR ADC with PGA
- Single 3.3 V supply
- Integrated isoPower, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- DOUT1 output reflects state of digital input
- IRQ interrupt pin
- Operating temperature: −40°C to +125°C
- 20-lead, LGA package with 6.8 mm creepage
The ADE12011 is a single channel, configurable, isolated digital input monitoring solution for energy transmission and distribution applications. The ADE1201 is configured through the serial port interface (SPI) to perform an isolated measurement of the digital input that is also called binary input or contact input. The ADE1201 digital output signal on the DOUT1 pin reflects the state of the input signal after user configurable signal conditioning. The SPI protocol supports addressing to allow up to eight devices sharing one 4-wire SPI port.
The ADE1201 application circuit accepts a wide range of input voltages from ±10 V dc to ±300 V dc, or 8 V rms to 240 V rms. The programmable wetting current and robust application circuit enable the device to meet stringent, system level electromagnetic capability (EMC) requirements.
The ADE1201 includes an isoPower® integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter that eliminates the need for an external isolated power supply. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used to isolate the logic signals between the high voltage, isolated side and the low voltage, nonisolated side of the digital input monitor. This technology creates a small form factor design that includes data and power isolation.
An integrated successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) from 1× to 10× measure the analog inputs. The ADC waveforms are available through the SPI port to allow system level diagnostics.
- Single channel, configurable, isolated digital input.
- Single hardware design supports 24 V to 300 V systems.
- Robust architecture.
- Enables system level diagnostics.
- Energy transmission and distribution
- Multifunction relay protection
- Substation battery monitoring
- Bay or substation interlocking
- Merge unit
- Circuit breaker status indication
- Remote terminal unit
- Building automation
1 Protected by U.S. Patent Number 2017/0250043. Other patents pending.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADE1201EBZ is a fully featured evaluation board designed to evaluate the ADE1201 single channel, configurable, isolated digital binary input IC performance in a context similar to a real binary input interface application. The system demonstration platform (SDP) EVAL-SDP-CB1Z controller board (SDP-B) must be purchased separately from the evaluation kit. The evaluation kit includes evaluation software, written in LabVIEW®, which provides access to the registers and features of the device through a PC interface.
For full specifications on the ADE1201, consult the ADE1201 data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADE1201EBZ.
Features & Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for the ADE1201
- PC control in conjunction with the SDP EVAL-SDP-CB1Z controller board
- PC software for control and data analysis
- Standalone capability
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.