Features and Benefits
- 250 ps Propagation Delay Input to Output
- 50 ps Propagation Delay Dispersion
- Differential ECL Compatible Outputs
- Differential Latch Control
- Robust Input Protection
- Input Common-mode Range -2.0 V to +3.0 V
- Input Differential Range ±5 V
- ESD Protection >3 kV HBM, >200 V MM
- Power Supply Sensitivity > 65 dB
- 200 ps Minimum Pulsewidth
- 5 GHz Equivalent Input Rise
- Typical Output Rise/Fall of 165 ps
The ADCMP566 is an ultrafast voltage comparator fabricated on Analog Devices’ proprietary XFCB process. The device features 250 ps propagation delay with less than 35 ps overdrive dispersion. Overdrive dispersion, a particularly important characteristic of high speed comparators, is a measure of the difference in propagation delay under differing overdrive conditions.
A fast, high precision differential input stage permits consistent propagation delay with a wide variety of signals in the common-mode range from -2.0 V to +3.0 V. Outputs are complementary digital signals fully compatible with ECL 10 K and 10 KH logic families. The outputs provide sufficient drive current to directly drive transmission lines terminated in 50 Ω to -2 V. A latch input is included, which permits tracking, track-and-hold, or sample-and-hold modes of operation.
The ADCMP566 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP package.
- High speed instrumentation
- Scope and logic analyzer front ends
- Window comparators
- High speed line receivers and signal restoration
- Threshold detection
- Peak detection
- High speed triggers
- Patient diagnostics
- Disk drive read channel detection
- Hand-held test instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.