Features and Benefits
- 64× decimation of a stereo pulse density modulation (PDM) bit stream to pulse code modulation (PCM) audio data
- Slave I2S or time division multiplexed (TDM) output interface
- Configurable TDM slots
- I/O supply operation: 1.62 V to 3.6 V
- 64× output sample rate PDM clock
- 64×/128×/192×/256×/384×/512× output sample rate BCLK
- Automatic BCLK ratio detection
- Output sample rate: 4 kHz to 96 kHz
- Automatic PDM CLK drive at 64× the sample rate
- Automatic power down with BCLK removal
- 0.67 mA operating current at 48 kHz and 1.8 V IOVDD supply
- Shutdown current: <1 μA
- 8-ball, 1.56 mm × 0.76 mm, 0.4 mm pitch WLCSP
- Power-on reset
The ADAU7002 converts a stereo PDM bit stream into a PCM output. The source for the PDM data can be two microphones or other PDM sources. The PCM audio data is output on a serial audio interface port in either I2S or TDM format.
The ADAU7002 is specified over the commercial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C). It is available in a halide-free, 8-ball, 1.56 mm × 0.76 mm, wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP).
- Mobile computing
- Portable electronics
- Consumer electronics
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide explains the design and setup of the ADAU7002 evaluation board. This evaluation board provides full access to all inputs and outputs on the ADAU7002. This evaluation board can be powered by a single 3.8 V to 6 V supply or by VDD of the pulse density modulation (PDM) input. The PC board is a 4-layer design, with a single ground plane and a single power plane on the inner layers. The board contains connectors for external microphones and headers for PDM input and I2S output.
Features & Benefits
- Supports 3.3 V or 1.8 V for PDM/I2S interface
- Supports TDM 2/4/8 operation
- Easy configuration with no software needed
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.