Features and Benefits
- Programmable FastDSP audio processing engine
- Up to 768 kHz sample rate
- Biquad filters, limiters, volume controls, mixing
- Tensilica HiFi 3z DSP core
- Quad MAC per cycle: 24 x 24-bit multiplier and 64-bit accumulator
- Flexible power operation mode: 24.576 MHz, 49.152 MHz, 73.728 MHz, and 98.304 MHz
- 336 kB total memory
- JTAG debug and trace
- Low latency, 24-bit ADCs and DAC
- 106 dB SNR (signal through ADC with A-weighted filter)
- 110 dB combined SNR (signal through DAC and headphone with A-weighted filter)
- Programmable double precision MAC engine for maximum 24-stage equalizer
- Serial port sample rates from 8 kHz to 768 kHz
- 5 μs group delay (fS = 768 kHz) analog in to analog out with FastDSP bypass (zero instructions)
- 3 differential or single-ended analog inputs, configurable as microphone or line inputs
- 8 digital microphone inputs
- Analog differential audio output, configurable as either line output or headphone drive
- 2 PDM output channels
- PLL supporting any input clock rate from 30 kHz to 36 MHz
- 4 channel asynchronous sample rate converters (ASRCs)
- 2, 16-channel serial audio ports supporting I2S, left justified, right justified, or up to TDM16 (TDM12 in Turbo mode)
- 8 interpolators and 8 decimators with flexible routing
- Power supplies
- Analog AVDD at 1.8 V typical
- Digital I/O IOVDD at 1.1 V to 1.98 V
- Digital DVDD at 0.85 V to 1.21 V
- Headphone HPVDD at 1.8 V typical
- Headphone HPVDD_L at 1.2 V to HPVDD
- Control/communication interfaces
- I2C, SPI, or UART control ports
- Master quad SPI (QSPI)
- UART communication port
- Self-boot from QSPI flash
- Flexible GPIO and IRQ
- 56-ball, 0.35 mm pitch, 2.980 mm × 2.679 mm WLCSP
The ADAU1860 is a codec with three inputs and one output that incorporates two digital signal processors (DSPs). The path from the analog input to the DSP core to the analog output is optimized for low latency and is ideal for noise canceling earphone. With the addition of just a few passive components, the ADAU1860 provides a complete earphone solution.
- Noise canceling handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Bluetooth active noise canceling (ANC) handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Personal navigation devices
- Digital still and video cameras
- Musical instrument effect processors
- Multimedia speaker systems
Hearable Sound Studio Pro (Rev 1.1.0)
Hearable Sound Studio Pro software is a tool for developing hearable audio solutions such as, Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), Transparency, and Audio Playback, in hearable form factors using ADAU1860. The software allows for ANC/Transparency solution tuning and evaluation of characterized headsets with ADAU1860. Users can evaluate multiple configurations (filter tunings) with hardware directly or simulate ANC performance if hardware and test environment aren’t readily available.
Hearable Sound Studio Pro is available for download from this web page. Complete software package including tuning tool, documentation and demo video are available upon completion of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) (pdf). Send your completed forms by e-mail to HSS_Lark@analog.com.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADAU1860EBZ provides access to all the analog and digital inputs and outputs on the ADAU1860. The ADAU1860 core is controlled by Analog Devices, Inc., Lark Studio™ software, which interfaces to the EVAL-ADAU1860EBZ via a USB connection. In addition, users can communicate and debug with the Tensilica HiFi 3z DSP core through the JTAG port by using the mIDAS-Link emulator. The software development kit (SDK) is also provided by Analog Devices for code development.
The EVAL-ADAU1860EBZ can be powered by the USB bus or by a single 5 V supply. These supply options are regulated to the voltages required on the EVAL-ADAU1860EBZ. The printed circuit board (PCB) is a 4-layer design, with a ground plane and a power plane on the inner layers. The EVAL-ADAU1860EBZ contains connectors for external microphones and speakers. The master clock can be provided externally or by the on-board 24.576 MHz oscillator.
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
Lark Studio (Rev. 2.4.1)
Lark SDK Setup (Rev. 3.2.2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADAU1860-1BCBZRL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||56-Ball WLCSP (2.980 mm x 2.679 mm x 0.48 mm)|
|ADAU1860BCBZRL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||56-Ball WLCSP (2.980 mm x 2.679 mm x 0.48 mm)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.