Features and Benefits
- Programmable FastDSP audio processing engine
- Up to 768 kHz sample rate
- Biquad filters, limiters, volume controls, mixing
- Low latency, 24-bit ADCs and DAC
- 106 dB SNR (signal through ADC with A-weighted filter)
- 110 dB combined SNR (signal through DAC and headphone with A-weighted filter)
- Serial port sample rates from 8 kHz to 768 kHz
- 5 μs analog-to-analog group delay
- Programmable, double precision MAC engine for 13-stage equalizer
- 3 analog inputs (2 differential and 1 single-ended), configurable as microphone or line inputs
- Analog differential audio output, configurable as either line output or headphone driver
- PLL supporting any input clock rate from 30 kHz to 27 MHz
- 1-channel ASRCI, 3-channel ASRCO
- Serial audio ports supporting I2S, left justified, or up to 16-channel TDM (TDM16)
- 2 interpolators and 4 decimators with flexible routing
- Power supplies
- Analog AVDD at 1.8 V
- Digital I/O IOVDD at 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- Headphone HPVDD at 1.8 V
- Headphone HPVDD_L at 1.2 V to1.8 V
- Control/communication interfaces
- I2C, SPI, or UART
- 28-ball, 0.4 mm pitch, 2.957 mm × 1.757 mm WLCSP
The ADAU1850 is a codec with three inputs and one output that incorporates one digital signal processor. The path from the analog input to the DSP core to the analog output is optimized for low latency and is ideal for noise canceling earphones. With the addition of a few passive components, the ADAU1850 provides a complete headset solution.
The ADAU1850 is provided in a small, 28-ball, 2.957 mm × 1.757 mm wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP).
- Noise canceling handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Bluetooth active noise canceling (ANC) handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Personal navigation devices
- Digital still and video cameras
- Musical instrument effect processors
- Multimedia speaker systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The user guide explains the design and setup of the EVAL-ADAU1850EBZ evaluation board.
This evaluation board provides access to all analog and digital inputs/outputs on the ADAU1850. The ADAU1850 core is controlled by Analog Devices, Inc., Lark Studio™ software, which interfaces to the EVAL-ADAU1850EBZ via a USB connection. The software development kit (SDK) is also provided by Analog Devices for code development.
The EVAL-ADAU1850EBZ can be powered by the USB bus or by a single 3.8 V to 5 V supply. These supply options are regulated to the voltages required on the EVAL-ADAU1850EBZ. The printed circuit board (PCB) is a 4-layer design, with a ground plane and a power plane on the inner layers. The EVAL-ADAU1850EBZ contains connectors for external microphones and speakers. The master clock can be generated through the internal RC oscillator in the absence of an external clock source. It also can be provided externally or by the on-board 24.576 MHz oscillator.
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
Lark Studio (Rev. 2.4.1)
Lark SDK Setup (Rev. 3.2.2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.