Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This evaluation board provides full access to all analog and digital I/Os on the ADAU1781. The SigmaDSP is controlled by Analog Devices, Inc., SigmaStudio™ software, which interfaces to the board via a USB connection. This evaluation board can be powered either over the USB bus or by a single 3.8 V to 6 V supply, which is regulated to the voltages required on the board. The PC board is a 4-layer design, with a single ground plane and a single power plane on the inner layers. The board contains onboard microphones and speaker, and connectors for external microphones and speaker. The master clock can be provided externally or by the on-board 12.288 MHz active oscillator.
Features & Benefits
- Other ADI Components:
- Analog In: 2 Differential TRS, 1 Stereo TRS (3.5 mm), 1 Mono Beep TRS (3.5 mm), 2 ADMP401 Omni MEMS Microphones
- Analog Out: 1 Stereo Headphone TRS (3.5 mm), Mono Speaker Out, Built-in Mono Speaker
- Digital I/O: USBi-I2C/SPI, I2S-I/O (1/1, TDM), Stereo Digital Mic
- DC Supply: 5 V
The Analog Devices USBi “USB Interface” (EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ) board is the interface between your PC's USB port and SigmaDSP hardware's data input pins. This interface can be used with any evaluation board which includes an External SPI/I²C header (Aardvark Header). The EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ board is capable of both SPI and I²C communication (which is user selectable) and can supply IOVDD of either 3.3V or 1.8V.The USBi interface is powered from the computer's USB port.
To Install the USBi Board:
- Connect the USB cable to the USBi Board a spare USB port on your PC.
- The Windows “Found New Hardware Wizard” will launch.
- Choose “Install from a list or a specific location” and click “Next”.
- Select “Search for the best driver in these locations” and Check the box for “Include this location in the search.”
- Press the “Browse” button and locate the appropriate driver file in the SigmaStudio application folder (default folder is C:\Program Files\Analog Devices Inc\Sigma Studio\USB drivers): Select the CyUSB.inf file.
- Click “Continue Anyway” if you're prompted with “This software has not passed Windows Logo testing.”
Using USBi in SigmaStudio:
To communication between SigmaStudio and the USBi board, a communication channel block must be added to the Schematic design. To locate the block, select the Hardware Configuration Tab, in the ToolBox or Tree ToolBox window choose the “Communication Channels” category, and select the USBi block.
This block provides connections for multiple processors (ICs / DSPs), allowing you to use multiple processors in a single design. This block allows you to explicitly specify both the communication protocol (SPI or I²C) and the part's address, I²C address or SPI catch line. The DSP hardware's address must match the block's selected address for communication to function properly. See the parts data sheet for more information about addressing (e.g. ADR_SEL, ADDR0, or ADDR1 pins). The default USBi protocol is I²C, to enable SPI, you must first select an SPI address in the block's drop down menu and then perform three write operations (e.g. press the write button the Register Read/Write Window 3 times). The USBi hardware has LEDs which indicate the current mode, I²C or SPI.
Features & Benefits
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.