Features and Benefits
- 24-bit stereo audio ADC and DAC: >98 dB SNR
- Sampling rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz
- Low power: 7 mW record, 7 mW playback, 48 kHz at 1.8 V
- 6 analog input pins, configurable for single-ended or differential inputs
- Flexible analog input/output mixers
- Stereo digital microphone input
- Analog outputs: 2 differential stereo, 2 single-ended stereo, 1 mono headphone driver output
- PLL supporting input clocks from 8 MHz to 27 MHz
- Analog automatic level control (ALC)
- Microphone bias reference voltage
- Analog and digital I/O: 1.8 V to 3.65 V
- I2C and SPI control interfaces
- Digital audio serial data I/O: stereo and time-division multiplexing (TDM) modes
- Software-controllable clickless mute
- Software power-down
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP
- −40°C to +85°C operating temperature range
The ADAU1361 is a low power, stereo audio codec that supports stereo 48 kHz record and playback at 14 mW from a 1.8 V analog supply. The stereo audio ADCs and DACs support sample rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz as well as a digital volume control. The ADAU1361 is ideal for battery-powered audio and telephony applications.
The record path includes an integrated microphone bias circuit and six inputs. The inputs can be mixed and muxed before the ADC, or they can be configured to bypass the ADC. The ADAU1361 includes a stereo digital microphone input.
The ADAU1361 includes five high power output drivers (two differential and three single-ended), supporting stereo head-phones, an earpiece, or other output transducer. AC-coupled or capless configurations are supported. Individual fine level controls are supported on all analog outputs. The output mixer stage allows for flexible routing of audio.
The serial control bus supports the I2C and SPI protocols. The serial audio bus is programmable for I2S, left-/right-justified, and TDM modes. A programmable PLL supports flexible clock generation for all standard integer rates and fractional master clocks from 8 MHz to 27 MHz.
- Smartphones / Multimedia phones
- Digital Still Cameras / Digital Video Cameras
- Portable Media Players/ Portable Audio Players
- Phone accessories products
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADAU1361Z includes both single-ended and differential stereo line-level analog audio inputs as well as a digital audio interface. Single-ended and differential analog outputs are also provided, as well as a stereo capless headphone output.
The USBi provides power and the I2C communications interface to the evaluation board. A switch allows the ADAU1361 to operate at either 3.3 V or 1.8 V. The SigmaStudio™ programming software is used for all register controls and SigmaDSP® core programming.
A header is included for interfacing to stereo digital microphones.
The Analog Devices USBi “USB Interface” (EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ) board is the interface between your PC's USB port and SigmaDSP hardware's data input pins. This interface can be used with any evaluation board which includes an External SPI/I²C header (Aardvark Header). The EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ board is capable of both SPI and I²C communication (which is user selectable) and can supply IOVDD of either 3.3V or 1.8V.The USBi interface is powered from the computer's USB port.
To Install the USBi Board:
- Connect the USB cable to the USBi Board a spare USB port on your PC.
- The Windows “Found New Hardware Wizard” will launch.
- Choose “Install from a list or a specific location” and click “Next”.
- Select “Search for the best driver in these locations” and Check the box for “Include this location in the search.”
- Press the “Browse” button and locate the appropriate driver file in the SigmaStudio application folder (default folder is C:\Program Files\Analog Devices Inc\Sigma Studio\USB drivers): Select the CyUSB.inf file.
- Click “Continue Anyway” if you're prompted with “This software has not passed Windows Logo testing.”
To communication between SigmaStudio and the USBi board, a communication channel block must be added to the Schematic design. To locate the block, select the Hardware Configuration Tab, int the ToolBox or Tree ToolBox window choose the “Communication Channels” category, and select the USBi block.
This block provides connections for multiple processors (ICs / DSPs), allowing you to use multiple processors in a single design. This block allows you to explicitly specify both the communication protocol (SPI or I²C) and the part's address, I²C address or SPI clatch line. The DSP hardware's address must match the block's selected address for communication to function properly. See the parts data sheet for more information about addressing (e.g. ADR_SEL, ADDR0, or ADDR1 pins). The default USBi protocol is I²C, to enable SPI, you must first select an SPI address in the block's drop down menu and then perform three write operations (e.g. press the write button the Register Read/Write Window 3 times). The USBi hardware has LEDs which indicate the current mode, I²C or SPI.
Features & Benefits
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
ADAU1361 Companion Parts
Recommended Class D Audio Amplifiers
- For a 2.8W output, filterless, class D mono audio amplifier: SSM2305.
- For a 2W output, filterless, class D stereo audio amplifier: SSM2306.
Recommended Analog Output Microphones
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.