Features and Benefits
- Quad LNA-Mixer-IF VGA
- 4x LO Multiplier with Programmable Harmonic Filter
- Input Frequency Range: 10 GHz to 40 GHz
- IF Frequency Range: 0 MHz to 700 MHz
- LO Frequency Range: 2.5 GHz to 10 GHz
- Gain Range: 20 dB to 40 dB
- IP1dB: -17.5 dBm (at min Gain)
- Noise Figure: 7.5 dB at Max Gain
- Filtered LO Harmonics: 20dB to 30 dB at all frequencies
- 3-Wire or 4-Wire SPI Control
- On-Chip Programmable State Machines for fast Multiplier/Filter and Receiver switching and control
- On-Chip Temperature Sensor and ADC
- DC power: 985 mW
- Package: 7 mm × 7 mm, LGA-48 package
The ADAR2004 is a 4-channel receiver IC intended to work with the ADAR2001 transmitter in millimeter wave body scanning applications. Accepting differential input signals from 10 GHz to 40 GHz, the ADAR2004 provides a low frequency IF output up to 700 MHz. Each receive channel also has independent gain control.
The mixer LO path includes a 4x multiplier requiring an applied LO frequency between 2.5 GHz to 10 GHz. The 4x multiplier block includes a programmable filter which helps keep harmonics below -25 dBc to -30dBc at all frequencies..
Two programmable state machines are included to facilitate easy configuration, control and fast switching of the frequency multiplier, filter and receiver sections. These sequencers are programmed through the SPI port and are then operated by pulsed inputs (Reset and Advance).
The ADAR2004 requires only a single 2.5 V supply with power consumption of 985mW with all channels turned on.
The ADAR2004 comes in a 7x7mm package with 48 pins.
- Industrial scanners
- Test and instrumentation
- Cellular infrastructure: 5G millimeter wave
- Military radios, radars, electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.