Features and Benefits
- 4x Input Frequency Multiplier with Programmable Harmonic Filter
- Quad Differential Output PAs with independent Enable Control
- Input Frequency Range: 2.5 GHz to 10 GHz
- Output Frequency Range: 10 GHz to 40 GHz
- Input Power: -20 dBm Single Ended (50Ω)
- Output power: +5 dBm Differential (100Ω)
- Harmonic Rejection: 25 dB to 30 dB at all frequencies
- 3-Wire or 4-Wire SPI Control of all functions
- On-Chip Programmable State Machines for fast Multiplier/Filter and Transmitter switching and control
- On-Chip Temperature Sensor, Output Power Detectors and ADC
- DC power: 450 mW (2.5V Supply)
- Package: 6 mm × 6 mm, LGA-40 package
The ADAR2001 is a transmitter IC intended to work with the ADAR2004 receiver in millimeter wave body scanning applications. Accepting a single-ended CW input signal between 2.5 GHz to 10 GHz, the ADAR2001 provides gain, 4x frequency multiplication, harmonic filtering, 1:4 signal splitting and four independently controllable Power Amplifiers with differential outputs designed to directly drive dipole antennae.
All device functions and configuration options can be accessed by a 3-wire or 4-wire ADISPI port.
Two state machines are also integrated into the ADAR2001 which facilitate easy configuration, control and fast switching of the frequency multiplier, filter and transmitter sections. These sequencers are programmed through the SPI port and are then operated by pulsed inputs (Reset and Advance).
Output power and chip temperature can be monitored by four on-chip detectors and a temperature sensor whose outputs are multiplexed to an 8-bit ADC.
The ADAR2001 requires only a single 2.5 V supply with power consumption of 450mW with one channel turned on.
The ADAR2001 comes in a 6x6mm package with 40 pins.
- Millimeter Wave Imaging
- Wideband LO Multiplier/Distributor
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.