Features and Benefits
- Integrated fully differential ADC driver with signal scaling
- Wide input common range
- High common-mode rejection
- Single-ended to differential conversion
- ±2.048 V input range with 4.096 V REFBUF
- Critical passive components
- 0.005% precision matched resistor array for FDA
- 9 mm × 9 mm, 0.8 mm pitch, 100-ball BGA package
- 4× footprint reduction versus discrete solution
- Low power, dynamic power scaling, power-down mode
- 143 mW typical at 15 MSPS
- Throughput: 15 MSPS, no pipeline delay
- INL: ±0.4 LSB typical, ±1 LSB maximum
- SINAD: 89 dB typical at 1 kHz
- THD: −115 dB at 1 kHz, −106 dB at 400 kHz
- Gain error: 0.005% FS typical
- Gain error drift: ±1 ppm/°C maximum
- On-board reference buffer with VCMO generation
- Serial LVDS interface
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
The ADAQ23875 is a precision, high speed, μModule® data acquisition solution that reduces the development cycle of a precision measurement systems by transferring the design burden of component selection, optimization, and layout from the designer to the device.
Using system-in-package (SIP) technology, the ADAQ23875 reduces end system component count by combining multiple common signal processing and conditioning blocks in a single device, solving many design challenges. These blocks include a low noise, fully differential analog-to-digital converter (ADC) driver (FDA), a stable reference buffer, and a high speed, 16-bit, 15 MSPS successive approximation register (SAR) ADC.
Using Analog Devices, Inc., iPassives® technology, the ADAQ23875 also incorporates crucial passive components with superior matching and drift characteristics to minimize temperature dependent error sources and to offer optimized performance (see Figure 1). The fast settling of the ADC driver stage, with fully differential or single-ended to differential input and no latency of the SAR ADC, provides a unique solution for high channel count multiplexed signal chain architectures and control loop applications.
The small footprint, 9 mm × 9 mm CSP_BGA package enables smaller form factor instruments without sacrificing performance. Single, 5 V supply operation is possible while achieving optimum performance from the device. The ADAQ23875 features a serial low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) digital interface with one-lane or two-lane output modes, allowing the user to optimize the interface data rate for each application. The specified operation of the μModule is from −40°C to +85°C.
- Data acquisition
- Hardware in the Loop (HiL)
- Power analyzers
- Nondestructive test (acoustic emissions)
- Mass spectrometry
- Travelling wave fault location
- Medical imaging and instruments
- Ultrasonic flow meters
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADAQ23875FMCZ evaluation board enables simplified evaluation of the ADAQ23875 15 MSPS, 16-bit, high speed, precision μModule® data acquisition solution. The evaluation board demonstrates the performance of the ADAQ23875 μModule and is a versatile tool for a variety of applications.
The ADAQ23875 μModule combines multiple common signal processing and conditioning blocks in a single device that includes a low noise, fully differential analog-to-digital converter (ADC) driver, a stable reference buffer, a high resolution, 16-bit, 15 MSPS successive approximation register (SAR) ADC, and the critical passive components necessary for optimum performance. A full description of this product is available in the ADAQ23875 data sheet, which must be consulted when using the evaluation board.
The EVAL-ADAQ23875FMCZ evaluation board interfaces with the high speed system demonstration platform, SDP-H1 (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z) via a 160-pin connector, as shown in Figure 2 in the user guide.
Features & Benefits
- 15MSPS, 16-bit μModule evaluation board
- Versatile analog signal conditioning circuitry
- On-board reference, LDO, and power supply circuits
- PC software for control and data analysis of time and frequency domain
- System demonstration platform-compatible (SDP-H1)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.