Features and Benefits
- High precision, 2-channel, isolated AMR angle sensor for redundant systems
- Angular range of 0° to 180°
- Typical angular error of 0.1°
- Analog sine and cosine outputs per channel
- Ratiometric output voltages Low thermal and lifetime drift
- Successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) or Σ-Δ ADC drive capable
- Magnetoresistive (MR) bridge temperature compensation mode
- Temperature range: −40°C to +150°C
- Supply voltage (VDD) from 3 V to 5.5 V
- Minimum phase delay
- Available in a 16-lead SOIC package
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADA4571-2 is a 2-channel anisotropic magneto resistive (AMR) sensor with integrated signal conditioning amplifiers and ADC drivers. The device produces analog outputs that indicate the angular position of the surrounding magnetic field.
Each channel consists of two die within one package: an AMR sensor and a variable gain instrumentation amplifier. The ADA4571-2 delivers clean and amplified cosine and sine output signals per channel related to the angle of a rotating magnetic field. The output voltage range is ratiometric to the supply voltage.
Each sensing channel contains two separated wheatstone bridges at a relative angle of 45° to one another. A rotating magnetic field parallel to the plane of the IC package delivers two sinusoidal output signals, with the double frequency of the angle, α, between the sensor and the magnetic field direction. Within a homogeneous field parallel to the plane of the IC package, the output signals are independent of airgap between the sensor and the magnet.
The ADA4571-2 is available in a 16-lead SOIC package.
- Contactless angular measurement.
- Measures magnetic field direction rather than field intensity.
- Minimum sensitivity to air gap variations.
- Large working distance.
- Excellent accuracy, even for weak saturation fields.
- Minimal thermal and lifetime drift.
- Negligible hysteresis.
- Single-chip solution.
- Permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) control and positioning
- Contactless angular measurement and detection
- Magnetic angular position sensing
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADA4571-2 shows the ADA4571-2 in an end of shaft magnet configuration. The evaluation kit is composed of an ADA4571-2 motherboard, a magnetic stimulus on a hand turnable mount, a USB interface, and an SDP-S controller board. The required LabVIEW 2013 graphical user interface (GUI) software for Windows® is available on the ADA4571-2 product page.
The EVAL-ADA4571-2 features an on-board 5 V regulator, a 6 channel simultaneous sampling analog-to-digital converter (ADC), and jumpers for enabling the temperature compensation and power-down modes within the ADA4571-2. The motherboard also features test points and unpopulated coaxial connectors for the six outputs of the device.
The SDP-S controller board controls the ADC on the motherboard reading back the ADA4571-2 outputs, to change the digital inputs to the ADA4571-2, interface with the GUI, and to supply power to the evaluation board through the USB connection.
Features & Benefits
- USB 2.0 interface
- Jumper or computer controlled temperature compensation mode enable
- Jumper or computer controlled power-down mode enable
- Measurement test points and coaxial connectors
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.