Features and Benefits
- LIN 2.1 compliant interface (bridge sensor signal, temperature)
- Digitally programmable gain and offset voltage adjustment
- Gain range from 2.94 V/V to 971.10 V/V
- Sensor temperature compensation (first- or second-order)
- Sensor nonlinearity correction (first- or second-order)
- Internal or external temperature sensor compensation
- EEPROM nonvolatile memory for calibration data
- High system accuracy: 0.1% FSR over temperature
- EMC and EMI protection
- Fault protection for open circuits and short circuits
- 4 mm × 4 mm, 20-lead LFCSP
- 6 V to 18 V supply operation
- −40°C to +150°C operating temperature range
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
The ADA4558 is a fully integrated, sensor signal conditioner IC for bridge sensors. The device provides digital nonlinearity correction and temperature compensation via internal or external sensed temperatures using on-chip correction and calibration hardware that can be optimized for a specific bridge sensor.
The ADA4558 utilizes a fourth-order digital correction algorithm and delivers a system accuracy of 0.1% full scale range (FSR) for bridge sensors with second-order nonlinearity sensitivity. The ADA4558 includes a local interconnect network (LIN) physical interface for single-wire, high voltage communications in automotive environments. LIN 2.1 and earlier versions are supported. The LIN interface allows access to measurements, end of line (EOL) calibration, and a wide range of diagnostic functions.
The analog subsystem consists of an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) with a wide gain range from 2.94 V/V to 971.10 V/V. To minimize power supply noise, the bridge sensor is biased with an internal 4 V voltage regulator. The ADA4558 is fully specified from −40°C to +150°C. The device operates from battery supply voltages of 6 V to 18 V. The ADA4558 is available in a 4 mm × 4 mm, 20-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP).
- Strain gage
- Pressure signal conditioner for automotive vehicles
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADA4558EBZ allows quick and easy evaluation of the ADA4558. The ADA4558 is an automotive grade, signal conditioner IC for Wheatstone bridge sensors. The device provides digital nonlinearity correction and temperature compensation.
The EVAL-ADA4558EBZ can be controlled via the evaluation software by using the USB port or by using the local interconnect network (LIN) port. All power supplies are powered by the USB port and on-board dc-to-dc converters.
For full details on the ADA4558, see the ADA4558 data sheet and the ADA4558 Hardware Reference Manual, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADA4558EBZ.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADA4558
- PC control via USB or LIN interface
- PC software for configuration and data measurement
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.