Features and Benefits
- 1 GSPS internal clock speed (up to 400 MHz analog output)
- Integrated 1 GSPS 14-bit DAC
- 250 MSPS input data rate
- Phase noise ≤ −125 dBc/Hz (400 MHz carrier @ 1 kHz offset)
- Excellent dynamic performance >80 dB narrow-band SFDR
- 8 programmable profiles for shift keying
- Sin(x)/(x) correction (inverse sinc filter)
- Reference clock multiplier
- Internal oscillator for a single crystal operation
- Software and hardware controlled power-down
- Integrated RAM
- Phase modulation capability
- Multichip synchronization
- Easy interface to Blackfin SPORT
- Interpolation factors from 4× to 252×
- Interpolation DAC mode
- Gain control DAC
- Internal divider allows references up to 2 GHz
- 1.8 V and 3.3 V power supplies
- 100-lead TQFP_EP package
The AD9957 functions as a universal I/Q modulator and agile upconverter for communications systems where cost, size, power consumption, and dynamic performance are critical. The AD9957 integrates a high speed, direct digital synthesizer (DDS), a high performance, high speed, 14-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC), clock multiplier circuitry, digital filters, and other DSP functions onto a single chip. It provides baseband upconversion for data transmission in a wired or wireless communications system.
The AD9957 is the third offering in a family of quadrature digital upconverters (QDUCs) that includes the AD9857 and AD9856. It offers performance gains in operating speed, power consumption, and spectral performance. Unlike its predecessors, it supports a 16-bit serial input mode for I/Q baseband data. The device can alternatively be programmed to operate either as a single tone, sinusoidal source or as an interpolating DAC.
The reference clock input circuitry includes a crystal oscillator, a high speed, divide-by-two input, and a low noise PLL for multiplication of the reference clock frequency.
The user interface to the control functions includes a serial port easily configured to interface to the SPORT of the Blackfin® DSP and profile pins to enable fast and easy shift keying of any signal parameter (phase, frequency, or amplitude).
- HFC data, telephony, and video modems
- Wireless base station transmissions
- Broadband communications transmissions
- Internet telephony
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Application Notes (4)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.