Features and Benefits
- Fast 16-Bit ADC
- 100 kSPS Throughput
- Single 5 V Supply Operation
- Input Range: ±10 V
- 100 mW Max Power Dissipation
- Choice of External or Internal 2.5 V Reference
- High Speed Parallel Interface
- On-Chip Clock
- 28-Lead Skinny DIP, SSOP or SOIC Packages
The AD976 and AD976A are high-speed, low-power 16-bit A/D converters with each operating from a single 5 V supply. The AD976A has a throughput rate of 200 ksps whereas the AD976 has a throughput rate of 100 ksps. Each part contains a successive approximation, switched capacitor ADC, an internal 2.5 V reference, and a high-speed parallel interface. The AD976 and AD976A dissipate a maximum of 100 mW. The ADC is factory calibrated to minimize all linearity errors. The analog full-scale input is the standard industrial range of ±10 V.
The AD976 and AD976A are comprehensively tested for ac parameters such as SNR and THD, as well as the more traditional parameters of offset, gain and linearity.
The AD976 and AD976A are fabricated on Analog Devices' proprietary BiCMOS process, which has high performance bipolar devices along with CMOS transistors.
The AD976 and AD976A are available in skinny 28-pin DIP, SSOP and SOIC packages.
- Fast Throughput. The AD976/AD976A is a high speed (100 kSPS/200 kSPS throughput rates respectively), 16-bit ADC based on a switched capacitor architecture.
- Single-Supply Operation. The AD976/AD976A operates from a single 5 V supply and dissipates only 100 mW max.
- Comprehensive DC and AC Specifications. The AD976/AD976A is factory calibrated and fully tested for SNR and THD as well as the traditional specifications of offset, gain and linearity.
- Complete A/D Solution. The AD976/AD976A offers a highly integrated solution containing an accurate ADC, reference and on-chip clock.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.