Features and Benefits
- LVDS digital outputs
- 1.1 W total power per channel at 500MSPS (default settings)
- SFDR = 85 dBc at 170MHz fIN (500MSPS)
- SNR = 68.6 dBFS at 170MHz fIN (500MSPS)
- ENOB = 10.9 bits at 170 MHz fIN
- DNL = ±0.5 LSB
- INL = ±2.5 LSB
- Noise Density = -153 dBFS/Hz at 500 MSPS
- 1.25V, 2.50 V and 3.3V supply operation
- No missing codes
- Internal analog-to-digital converter (ADC) voltage reference
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9684 is a dual, 14-bit, 500 MSPS ADC. The device has an on-chip buffer and a sample-and-hold circuit designed for low power, small size, and ease of use. This product is designed for sampling wide bandwidth analog signals. The AD9684 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, a high sampling rate, excellent linearity, and low power in a small package.
The dual ADC cores feature a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth buffered inputs, supporting a variety of user selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. Each ADC data output is internally connected to an optional decimate by 2 block.
The analog input and clock signals are differential inputs. Each ADC data output is internally connected to two digital downconverters (DDCs). Each DDC consists of four cascaded signal processing stages: a 12-bit frequency translator (NCO), and three half-band decimation filters supporting a divide by factor of two, four, and eight.
- Diversity multi-band, multi-mode digital receivers
3G/4G, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, MC-GSM, LTE
- General-purpose software radios
- Ultrawideband satellite receiver
- Instrumentation (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, integrated RF test solutions)
- Digital oscilloscopes
- High speed data acquisition systems
- DOCSIS CMTS upstream receive paths
- HFC digital reverse path receivers
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide describes the AD9684 evaluation board which provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. The application software used to interface with the devices is also described.
The AD9684 data sheet provides additional information and should be consulted when using the evaluation board. All documents and software tools are available at www.analog.com/hsadcevalboard. For additional information or questions, send an email to email@example.com.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9684
- SPI interface for setup and control
- Wide band Balun driven input
- No external supply needed. Uses 12V-1A and 3.3V-3A supplies from FMC
- VisualAnalog® and SPI controller software interfaces
AD9684 Companion Parts
Recommended Differential Driver Amplifiers
- For a low output noise, RF differential amplifier for driving heavy loads: ADA4961.
- For ultrahigh dynamic range, low distortion and low noise: ADL5565.
Recommended Power Products
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.