Features and Benefits
- Low power 8 ADC channels integrated into 1 package 110 mW per channel at 125 MSPS with scalable power options
- SNR: 74 dBFS (to Nyquist); SFDR: 90 dBc (to Nyquist)
- DNL: ±0.8 LSB (typical); INL: ±1.2 LSB (typical)
- Crosstalk, worst adjacent channel, 70 MHz, −1 dBFS: −83 dB typical
- Serial LVDS (ANSI-644, default)
- Low power, reduced signal option (similar to IEEE 1596.3)
- Data and frame clock outputs
- 650 MHz full power analog bandwidth
- 2 V p-p input voltage range
- 1.8 V supply operation
- Serial port control
- Flexible bit orientation
- Built-in and custom digital test pattern generation
- Programmable clock and data alignment
- Power-down and standby modes
The AD9681 is an octal, 14-bit, 125 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with an on-chip sample-and-hold circuit that is designed for low cost, low power, small size, and ease of use. The device operates at a conversion rate of up to 125 MSPS and is optimized for outstanding dynamic performance and low power in applications where a small package size is critical.
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and an LVPECL-/ CMOS-/LVDS-compatible sample rate clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications.
The AD9681 automatically multiplies the sample rate clock for the appropriate LVDS serial data rate. Data clock outputs (DCO±1, DCO±2) for capturing data on the output and frame clock outputs (FCO±1, FCO±2) for signaling a new output byte are provided. Individual channel power-down is supported, and the device typically consumes less than 2 mW when all channels are disabled.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9681 is available in an RoHS-compliant, 144-ball CSP-BGA. It is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. This product is protected by a U.S. patent.
- Small Footprint. Eight ADCs are contained in a small, 10 mm × 10 mm package.
- Low Power. The device dissipates 110 mW per channel at 125 MSPS with scalable power options.
- Ease of Use. Data clock outputs (DCO±1, DCO±2) operate at frequencies of up to 500 MHz and support double data rate (DDR) operation.
- User Flexibility. SPI control offers a wide range of flexible features to meet specific system requirements.
- Medical imaging
- Communications receivers
- Multichannel data acquisition
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9681-125EBZ is an evaluation board for the AD9681, octal 14-bit ADC. This reference design provides the support circuitry required to operate the device in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the HSC-ADC-EVALEZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The Visual Analog software package, which is used to interface with the device's hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The SPI Controller software package is also compatible with this hardware, and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9681.
The AD9681 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance, and should be consulted when using these tools. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email email@example.com.
Features & Benefits
- 6V 2A switching supply (such as CUI EPS060250UH-PHP-SZ, supplied)
- 12V, 3.3 A switching power supply
- Analog signal source and anti aliasing filter
- Analog Clock source if not using the on-board crystal
- PC running Windows
- USB 2.0 port recommended (USB 1.1 compatible)
- AD9681 Evaluation Board (AD9681-125EBZ)
- HSC-EVALDZ FPGA Based Data Capture Board
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.