Features and Benefits
- Flexible reference inputs
- Input frequencies: 8 kHz to 750 MHz
- Two reference inputs
- Loss of reference indicators
- Auto and manual holdover modes
- Auto and manual switchover modes
- Smooth A-to-B phase transition on outputs
- Excellent stability in holdover mode
- Programmable 16 + 1-bit input divider, R
- Differential HSTL clock output
- Output frequencies to 750 MHz
- Low jitter clock doubler for frequencies >
- Please see Data Sheet for additional features.
Product DetailsThe AD9549 provides synchronization for many systems, including synchronous optical networks (SONET/SDH). The AD9549 generates an output clock, synchronized to one of two external input references. The external references may contain significant time jitter, also specified as phase noise. Using a digitally controlled loop and holdover circuitry, the AD9549 continues to generate a clean (low jitter), valid output clock during a loss of reference condition, even when both references have failed.
The AD9549 operates over an industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Network synchronization
- Reference clock jitter cleanup
- SONET/SDH clocks up to OC-192, including FEC
- Stratum 3/3E reference clocks
- Wireless base stations, controllers
- Cable infrastructure
- Data communications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (9)
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (6)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.