Features and Benefits
Product DetailsThe AD9481 is an 8-bit, monolithic analog-to-digital converter (ADC) optimized for high speed and low power consumption. Small in size and easy to use, the product operates at a 250 MSPS conversion rate, with excellent linearity and dynamic performance over its full operating range.
To minimize system cost and power dissipation, the AD9481 includes an internal reference and track-and-hold circuit. The user only provides a 3.3 V power supply and a differential encode clock. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications.
The digital outputs are TTL/CMOS-compatible with an option of twos complement or binary output format. The output data bits are provided in an interleaved fashion along with output clocks that simplifies data capture.
The AD9481 is available in a Pb-free, 44-lead, surface-mount package (TQFP-44) specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- Superior linearity. A DNL of ±0.35 makes the AD9481 suitable for many instrumentation and measurement applications
- Power-down mode. A power-down function may be exercised to bring total consumption down to 15 mW.
- De-multiplexed CMOS outputs allow for easy interfacing with low cost FPGAs and standard logic.
- Digital oscilloscopes
- Instrumentation and measurement
Digital predistortion loops
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The high speed ADC FIFO evaluation kit includes the latest version of ADC Analyzer and a buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices, Inc., high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The FIFO board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with ADC Analyzer to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. Users can view an FFT for a specific analog input and encode rate to analyze SNR, SINAD, SFDR, and harmonic information.
The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
The HSC-ADC-EVALB-DCZ can be used with single and multichannel ADCs and converters with demultiplexed digital outputs.
Features & Benefits
- Buffer memory board for capturing digital data used with high speed ADC evaluation boards to simplify evaluation
- 32 kB FIFO depth at 133 MSPS (upgradable)
- Measures performance with ADC Analyzer™ Real-time FFT and time domain analysis Analyze SNR, SINAD, SFDR, and harmonics
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
- Supporting ADCs with serial port interfaces (SPI)
- On-board regulator circuit, no power supply required 6 V, 2 A switching power supply included
- Compatible with Windows 98 (2nd ed.), Windows 2000, Windows ME, and Windows XP
Application Notes (10)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.