Features and Benefits
- Dual 10-bit, 40 MSPS, 65 MSPS, 80 MSPS, and 105 MSPS ADC
- Low power: 275 mW at 105 MSPS per channel
- On-chip reference and track-and-hold
- 300 MHz analog bandwidth each channel
- SNR = 57 dB @ 41 MHz, Encode = 80 MSPS
- 1 V p-p or 2 V p-p analog input range each channel
- 3.0 V single-supply operation (2.7 V to 3.6 V)
- Power-down mode for single-channel operation
- Twos complement or offset binary output mode
- Output data alignment mode
- Pin compatible with the 8-bit AD9288
- –75 dBc crosstalk between channels
AD9218-EP Supports Defense and Aerospace Applications (AQEC standard)
The AD9218 is a dual 10-bit monolithic sampling analog-to-digital converter with on-chip track-and-hold circuits. The product is low cost, low power, and is small and easy to use. The AD9218 operates at a 105 MSPS conversion rate with outstanding dynamic performance over its full operating range. Each channel can be operated independently.
The ADC requires only a single 3.0 V (2.7 V to 3.6 V) power supply and a clock for full operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications. The digital outputs are TTL/CMOS compatible and a separate output power supply pin supports interfacing with 3.3 V or 2.5 V logic.
The clock input is TTL/CMOS compatible and the 10-bit digital outputs can be operated from 3.0 V (2.5 V to 3.6 V) supplies. User-selectable options offer a combination of power-down modes, digital data formats, and digital data timing schemes. In power-down mode, the digital outputs are driven to a high impedance state.
- Low Power. Only 275 mW power dissipation per channel at 105 MSPS. Other speed grades proportionally scaled down while maintaining high ac performance.
- Pin Compatibility Upgrade. Allows easy migration from 8-bit to 10-bit devices. Pin compatible with the 8-bit AD9288 dual ADC.
- Easy to Use. On-chip reference and user controls provide flexibility in system design.
- High Performance. Maintains 54 dB SNR at 105 MSPS with a Nyquist input.
- Channel Crosstalk. Very low at –75 dBc. 6. Fabricated on an Advanced CMOS Process. Available in a 48-lead low profile quad flat package (7 mm × 7 mm LQFP) specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Application Notes (10)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9218 IBIS Models
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.