Features and Benefits
- Low power: 40 μA supply current (maximum)
- Low input currents
- 1 pA input bias current
- 0.5 pA input offset current
- High CMRR: 110 dB CMRR, G = 100
- Space-saving MSOP
- Zero input crossover distortion
- Rail-to-rail input and output
- Gain set with single resistor
- Operates from 1.8 V to 5.5 V
Product DetailsThe AD8236 is the lowest power instrumentation amplifier in the industry. It has rail-to-rail outputs and can operate on voltages as low as 1.8 V. Its 40 μA maximum supply current makes it an excellent choice in battery-powered applications.
The AD8236’s high input impedance, low input bias current of 1 pA, high CMRR of 110 dB (G = 100), small size, and low power offer tremendous value. It has a wider common-mode voltage range than typical three-op-amp instrumentation amplifiers, making this a great solution for applications that operate on a single 1.8 V or 3 V supply. An innovative input stage allows for a wide rail-to-rail input voltage range without the crossover distortion common in other designs.
The AD8236 is available in an 8-lead MSOP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C
Markets & Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Building Technology
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Analog Devices provides a line of evaluation boards designed to help users evaluate our instrumentation amplifiers in 8 pin packages. Access the user guide UG-261.
This user guide describes three generic evaluation boards that can be used to evaluate many of Analog Devices instrumentation amplifiers. For information on the performance of a specific instrumentation amplifier, see the data sheet for that instrumentation amplifier.
- 3 generic, easy-to-use evaluation boards
- Shipped with an assortment of Analog Devices in-amps
- Solder in the in-amp to be tested
- Test pins already populated
- Decoupling capacitors already populated
- EVAL-INAMP-62RZ board: Compatible with AD620, AD621, AD622, AD623, AD627, AD8223, AD8225, LT1167, LT1168 and LT6370 in SOIC or PDIP
- EVAL-INAMP-82RZ board: Compatible with AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8229, AD8421, AD8428, and AD8429 in SOIC package
- EVAL-INAMP-82RMZ board: Compatible with AD8220, AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8236, and AD8421 in MSOP package
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
In-Amp Diamond Plot Tool
The Diamond Plot Tool is a web application that generates a configuration-specific Output Voltage Range vs. Input Common-Mode Voltage graph, also known as the Diamond Plot, for Analog Devices Instrumentation Amplifiers. Based on user inputs such as supply voltage, gain, and input signal range, the tool detects saturation and recommends in-amps for which the input signal is in-range and the configuration is valid. Avoid saturation, find the best in-amp for your design, and save time.
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.