Features and Benefits
- Throughput rate: 1.5 MSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.7 V to 5.25 V
- Low power
6 mW maximum at 1.5 MSPS with 3 V supplies
13.5 mW maximum at 1.5 MSPS with 5 V supplies
- Software configurable analog inputs
4-channel single-ended inputs
2-channel fully differential inputs
2-channel pseudo differential inputs
- 4 analog input channels with a sequencer
- Accurate on-chip 2.5 V reference ±0.2% maximum @ 25°C, 25 ppm/°C maximum (AD7934)
- 70 dB SINAD at 50 kHz input frequency
- No pipeline delays
- High speed parallel interface—word/byte modes
- Full shutdown mode: 2 μA maximum
- 28-lead TSSOP package
Product DetailsThe AD7933/AD7934 are 10-bit and 12-bit, high speed, low power, successive approximation (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). The parts operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 1.5 MSPS. The parts contain a low noise, wide bandwidth, differential track-and-hold amplifier that handles input frequencies up to 50 MHz.
The AD7933/AD7934 feature four analog input channels with a channel sequencer that allows a preprogrammed selection of channels to be sequentially converted. These parts can accept either single-ended, fully differential, or pseudo differential analog inputs.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using standard control inputs that allow for easy interfacing to microprocessors and DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CONVST, and the conversion is also initiated at this point.
The AD7933/AD7934 has an accurate on-chip 2.5 V reference that is used as the reference source for the analog-to-digital conversion. Alternatively, this pin can be overdriven to provide an external reference.
These parts use advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates. They also feature flexible power management options. An on-chip control register allows the user to set up different operating conditions, including analog input range and configuration, output coding, power management, and channel sequencing.
- High throughput with low power consumption.
- Four analog inputs with a channel sequencer.
- Accurate on-chip 2.5 V reference.
- Single-ended, pseudo differential or fully differential analog inputs that are software selectable.
- Single-supply operation with VDRIVE function. The VDRIVE function allows the parallel interface to connect directly to 3 V or 5 V processor systems independent of VDD.
- No pipeline delay.
- Accurate control of the sampling instant via a CONVST input and once-off conversion control.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
AD7934 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.