Lower Power, with SPI Interface, Smaller Package
Features and Benefits
- 18-bit resolution with no missing codes
- No pipeline delay (SAR architecture)
- Differential input range: ±VREF (VREF up to 5 V)
- Throughput: 570 kSPS
- INL: ±2.5 LSB max (±9.5 ppm of full scale)
- Dynamic range : 103 dB typ (VREF = 5 V)
- S/(N+D): 100 dB typ @ 2 kHz (VREF = 5 V)
- Parallel (18-,16-, or 8-bit bus) and serial 5 V/3 V interface
- SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP compatible
- On-board reference buffer
- Single 5 V supply operation
- Power dissipation: 76 mW @ 500 kSPS; 150 μW @ 1 kSPS
- 48-lead LQFP or 48-lead LFCSP package
- Pin-to-pin compatible upgrade of AD7674/AD7676/AD7678
Product DetailsThe AD7679 is an 18-bit, 570 kSPS, charge redistribution SAR, fully differential analog-to-digital converter that operates on a single 5 V power supply. The part contains a high speed 18-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, an internal reference buffer, error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports.
The part is available in a 48-lead LQFP or 48-lead LFCSP with operation specified from –40°C to +85°C.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7679EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7679. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.