Features and Benefits
- 16-channel, dual, simultaneously sampled inputs
- Independently selectable channel input ranges
- True bipolar: ±10 V, ±5 V, ±2.5 V
- Single 5 V analog supply and 2.3 V to 3.6 V VDRIVE supply
- Fully integrated data acquisition solution
- Analog input clamp protection
- Input buffer with 1 MΩ analog input impedance
- 1st-order antialiasing analog filter
- On-chip accurate reference and reference buffer
- Dual 16-bit SAR ADC
- Throughput rate: 2 × 1 MSPS
- Oversampling capability with digital filter
- Flexible sequencer with burst mode
- Parallel digital interface
- Optional CRC error checking
- Hardware/software configuration
- 92 dB SNR at 500 kSPS (2× OSR)
- 90.5 dB SNR at 1 MSPS
- −103 dB THD
- ±1 LSB INL (typical), ±0.99 LSB DNL (maximum)
- 8 kV ESD rating on analog input pins
- On-chip self detect function
- 80-lead LQFP package
The AD7616-P is a 16-bit, DAS that supports dual simultaneous sampling of 16 channels. The AD7616-P operates from a single 5 V supply and can accommodate ±10 V, ±5 V, and ±2.5 V true bipolar input signals while sampling at throughput rates up to 1 MSPS per channel pair with 90.5 dB SNR. Higher signal-tonoise ratio (SNR) performance can be achieved with the on-chip oversampling mode (92 dB for an oversampling ratio (OSR) of 2).
The input clamp protection circuitry tolerates voltages up to ±21 V. The AD7616-P has 1 MΩ analog input impedance, regardless of sampling frequency. The single-supply operation, on-chip filtering, and high input impedance eliminate the need for driver op amps and external bipolar supplies.
The device contains analog input clamp protection, a dual, 16-bit charge redistribution successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC), a flexible digital filter, a 2.5 V reference and reference buffer, and a high speed parallel interface.
- Power line monitoring
- Protective relays
- Multiphase motor control
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems (DASs)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7616SDZ/EVAL-AD7616-PSDZ is a single, full featured evaluation board designed to easily evaluate all features of both the AD7616 and AD7616-P analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). The evaluation board can be controlled by the EVALSDP-CB1Z via the 120-way high speed system demonstration platform (SDP-B) connector (J10). The EVAL-SDP-CB1Z SDP-B board controls the evaluation board through a USB port of a PC using the evaluation board software, which is available for download from the AD7616 and AD7616-P product pages.
Complete specifications for the AD7616 and AD7616-P devices are provided in the AD7616 and AD7616-P data sheets and should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation boards. Full details on the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z are available on the SDP-B product page.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD7616 and AD7616-P
- On-board power supplies
- Standalone capability
- SDP-B controller board-compatible
- PC software for control and data analysis
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.