Features and Benefits
- On-Chip Latches for Both DACs
- +5 V to +15 V Operation
- DACs Matched to 1%
- Four Quadrant Multiplication
- TTL/CMOS Compatible
- Latch Free (Protection Schottkys not Required)
The AD7528 is a monolithic dual 8-bit digital/analog converter featuring excellent DAC-to-DAC matching. It is available in skinny 0.3" wide 20-pin DIP's and in 20-terminal surface mount packages.
Separate on-chip latches are provided for each DAC to allow easy microprocessor interface.
Data is transferred into either of the two DAC data latches via a common 8-bit TTL/CMOS compatible input port. Control input DAC A/DAC B determines which DAC is to be loaded. The AD7528's load cycle is similar to the write cycle of a random access memory and the device is bus compatible with most 8-bit microprocessors, including 6800, 8080, 8085, Z80.
The device operates from a +5V to +15V power supply, dissipating only 20mW of power.
Both DAC's offer excellent four quadrant multiplication characteristics with a separate reference input and feedback resistor for each DAC.
- DAC-to-DAC matching: since both of the AD7528 DACs are fabricated at the same time on the same chip, precise matching and tracking between DAC A and DAC B is inherent. The AD7528’s matched CMOS DACs make a whole new range of applications circuits possible, particularly in the audio, graphics and process control areas.
- Small package size: combining the inputs to the on-chip DAC latches into a common data bus and adding a DAC A/DAC B select line has allowed the AD7528 to be packaged in either a small 20-lead DIP, SOIC or PLCC.
Digital Control of:
- Filter Parameters
- Stereo Audio Circuits
- X-Y Graphics
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Application Notes (6)
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.