Features and Benefits
- Two 8-Bit DACs in One Package
- 20-Lead DIP/SOIC/TSSOP Package
- +2.7 V to +5.5 V Operation
- Internal and External Reference Capability
- DAC Power-Down Function
- Parallel Interface
- On-Chip Output Buffer Rail-to-Rail Operation
- Low power Operation 3 mA max @ 3.3 V
- Power-Down to 1 µA max @ 25°C
The AD7302 is a dual, 8-bit voltage out DAC that operates from a single +2.7 V to +5.5 V supply. Its on-chip precision output buffers allow the DAC outputs to swing rail to rail. The AD7302 has a parallel microprocessor and DSP-compatible interface with high speed registers and double buffered interface logic. Data is loaded to the registers on the rising edge of CS or WR and the A/B pin selects either DAC A or DAC B.
Reference selection for AD7302 can be either an internal reference derived from the VDD or an external reference applied at the REFIN pin. Both DACs can be simultaneously updated using the asynchronous LDAC input and can be cleared by using the asynchronous CLR input.
The low power consumption of this part makes it ideally suited to portable battery operated equipment. The power consumption is less than 10 mW at 3.3 V, reducing to 3 µW in powerdown mode.
The AD7302 is available in a 20-pin plastic dual-in-line package, 20-lead SOIC and a 20-lead TSSOP package.
- Portable Battery Powered Instruments
- Digital Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
- Programmable Attenuators
- Low Power, Single Supply Operation. This part operates from a single +2.7 V to +5.5 V supply and typically consumes 15 mW at 5 V, making it ideal for battery powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifiers allow the outputs of the DACs to swing rail to rail with a settling time of typically 1.2 µs.
- Internal or external reference capability.
- High speed parallel interface.
- Power-Down Capability. When powered down the DAC consumes less than 1 µA at 25°C.
- Packaged in 20-lead DIP, SOIC and TSSOP packages.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.