Features and Benefits
- SNR = 90 dB in 1.25 MHz bandwidth to Nyquist
- SNR = 87 dB in 1.25 MHz bandwidth to 200 MHz
- Integrated 14-Bit , 92.16 MSPS ADC
- IF Sampling Frequencies to 200 MHz
- Internal 2.4 V Reference, 2.2 V p-p Analog Input Range
- Processes 4/6 Wideband Carriers Simultaneously
- 8/16-bit Microport and Sport/SPI Serial Port Control
- Fractional Clock Multiplier to 200 MHz
- Programmable Decimating FIR Filters, Interpolating Half-Band Filters and Programmable AGC Loops with 96 dB range
- Three 16-bit Configurable Parallel Output Ports
- User Configurable Built in Self Test (BIST) Capability
- Internal Differential Track & Hold Analog Input
The AD6654 is a mixed-signal IF to base band receiver consisting of a 14-bit, 92.16 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a four/six channel, multi-mode digital down converter (DDC) capable of processing up to six WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) channels. It has been optimized for the demanding filtering requirements of wideband standards such as CDMA2000, UMTS, and TD-SCDMA. The AD6654 is used as part of a radio system that digitally demodulates and filters IF sampled signals.
- Integrated 14-bit, 92.16 MSPS ADC
- T/H (track-and-hold amplifier) analog input for excellent IF sampling up to 200MHz
- Six Independent Digital Filtering Channels
- RMS/Peak power monitoring of the ADC data port and 96dB range AGCs before the output ports
- Three programmable RAM coefficient filters, three half-band filters, two fixed coefficient filters, and one 5th order CIC filter per channel
- Complex filtering by combining filtering capability of multiple channels
- Three 16-bit Parallel output ports operating at up to 200MHz clock
- Blackfin® and TigerSHARC® compatible 8/16-bit Microprocessor port
- Synchronous Serial communications port is compatible with most serial interface standards, SPORT, SPI, SSR etc.
- Multicarrier, multimode digital receivers
- GSM, EDGE, PHS, UMTS, WCDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX
- Micro and pico cell systems, software radios
- Wireless local loop
- Smart antenna systems
- In-building wireless telephony
- Broadband data applications
- Instrumentation and test equipment
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD6654 Evaluation Kit provides a quick, turnkey solution for evaluating the many features and processing capabilities offered by the AD6654 Wideband IF to Baseband Receiver. The evaluation kit includes the assembled AD6654 PCB along with software for hardware control and filter design. The SoftCell Filter Design software can be used to design and evaluate various receiver filter configurations prior to hardware programming. The SoftCell Filter Design configurations can later be programmed directly into the AD6654 Receiver installed on the Evaluation Board (EVB). The EVB Control software features a user-friendly interface to the AD6654 EVB hardware to facilitate efficient control and data analysis for various receiver filter configurations.
Install File includes
- AD6654 Evaluation Board software
- Documentation for using AD6654 Evaluation Board software
- AD6654 datasheet
- AD6654 evaluation board schematics
- Sample setup and filter files
- AD6654 IBIS model
- Runs on a personal computer using Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
- Filter design files created with the SoftCell Filter Design software can be programmed directly into the AD6654 device.
- NCO frequency can be swept manually to observe the actual frequency characteristics of the designed filter.
- Supports full featured scripting language to perform read/write and other functions on AD6654 directly.
- Can perform up to 64K real/complex FFT using the FIFO supplied on the Evaluation Board. The EVB Control software can support 256K FFT if the user installs a deeper pin-compatible FIFO.
- Full data logging features.
- Setup save feature for quick return to previously saved setup
- Self-test to verify communication with Evaluation Board hardware
Features & Benefits
- One AD6654 fully configured on the evaluation board.
- All necessary operating voltages are derived from on-board regulators. Single 6Vdc wall transformer included.
- Direct access to AD6654 parallel output data via on-board interface header.
- EVB can be configured into existing radio architectures for in-system evaluations.
- Includes a high-speed 64K FIFO (user upgradeable to 256K) capture buffer for the AD6654 filtered output data.
- Interfaces to PC via a standard USB cable.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.