AD633-DSCC: Military Data Sheet2/20/2018
AD633-EP: Enhanced Product Data Sheet (Rev. B)12/22/2017
AD633: Low Cost Analog Multiplier Data Sheet (Rev. K)11/6/2002
Features and Benefits
- 4-quadrant multiplication
- Low cost, 8-lead SOIC and PDIP packages
- Complete—no external components required
- Laser-trimmed accuracy and stability
- Total error within 2% of full scale
- Differential high impedance X and Y inputs
- High impedance unity-gain summing input
- Laser-trimmed 10 V scaling reference
- Download AD633-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/18603 DSCC Drawing Number
Product DetailsThe AD633 is a functionally complete, four-quadrant, analog multiplier. It includes high impedance, differential X and Y inputs, and a high impedance summing input (Z). The low impedance output voltage is a nominal 10 V full scale provided by a buried Zener. The AD633 is the first product to offer these features in modestly priced 8-lead PDIP and SOIC packages.
The AD633 is laser calibrated to a guaranteed total accuracy of 2% of full scale. Nonlinearity for the Y input is typically less than 0.1% and noise referred to the output is typically less than 100 μV rms in a 10 Hz to 10 kHz bandwidth. A 1 MHz bandwidth, 20 V/μs slew rate, and the ability to drive capacitive loads make the AD633 useful in a wide variety of applications where simplicity and cost are key concerns.
The versatility of the AD633 is not compromised by its simplicity. The Z input provides access to the output buffer amplifier, enabling the user to sum the outputs of two or more multipliers, increase the multiplier gain, convert the output voltage to a current, and configure a variety of applications.
The AD633 is available in 8-lead PDIP and SOIC packages. It is specified to operate over the 0°C to 70°C commercial temperature range (J Grade) or the −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range (A Grade).Product Highlights
- The AD633 is a complete four-quadrant multiplier offered in low cost 8-lead SOIC and PDIP packages. The result is a product that is cost effective and easy to apply.
- No external components or expensive user calibration are required to apply the AD633.
- Monolithic construction and laser calibration make the device stable and reliable.
- High (10 MΩ) input resistances make signal source loading negligible.
- Power supply voltages can range from ±8 V to ±18 V. The internal scaling voltage is generated by a stable Zener diode; multiplier accuracy is essentially supply insensitive.
- Multiplication, division, squaring
- Modulation/demodulation, phase detection
- Voltage-controlled amplifiers/attenuators/filters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD633-EVALZ has Built-in flexibility that allows convenient configuration to accommodate most operating configurations.
Any dual-polarity power supply capable of providing 10 mA or greater is all that is required, in addition to whatever test equipment the user wishes to perform the intended tests. The AD633-EVALZ can be configured for multiplier or divider operation by switch S1.
Refer to the AD633 data sheet for divider circuit connections, signal, power, and ground-plane artworks and all other information.
Documentation & Resources
Considering Multipliers (Part 1) [The Wit and Wisdom of Dr. Leif—7]12/1/2008 Analog Dialogue
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.