Features and Benefits
- All Inputs (X, Y and Z) Differential, High Impedance for [(X1 - X2) (Y1 - Y2)/10] + Z2 Transfer Function
- Scale-Factor Adjustable to Provide up to X10 Gain
- Pretrimmed to ±0.5% Max 4-Quadrant Error
- Low Noise, Design: 90 µV rms,
10 Hz-10 kHz
- Low Cost, Monolithic Construction
- Excellent Long-Term Stability
The AD632 is an internally trimmed monolithic four-quadrant multiplier/divider. The AD632B has a maximum multiplying error of ±0.5% without external trims.
Excellent supply rejection, low temperature coefficients and long term stability of the on-chip thin film resistors and buried zener reference preserve accuracy even under adverse conditions. The simplicity and flexibility of use provide an attractive alternative approach to the solution of complex control functions.
The AD632 is pin-for-pin compatible with the industry standard AD532 with improved specifications and a fully differential high impedance Z-input. The AD632 is capable of providing gains of up to X10, frequently eliminating the need for separate instrumentation amplifiers to precondition the inputs. The AD632 can be effectively employed as a variable gain differential input amplifier with high common-mode rejection. The effectiveness of the variable gain capability is enhanced by the inherent low noise of the AD632: 90 µV rms.Product Highlights
- Guaranteed performance over temperature.
- The AD632A and AD632B are specified for maximum multiplying errors of ±1.0% and ±0.5% of full scale, respectively, at +25°C and are rated for operation from −25°C to +85°C.
- Maximum multiplying errors of ±2.0% (AD632S) and ±1.0% (AD632T) are guaranteed over the extended temperature range of −55°C to +125°C.
- High reliability.
- The AD632S and AD632T series are available with MIL-STD-883 Level B screening.
- All devices are available in either the hermetically sealed TO-100 metal can or ceramic DIP package.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPE, which is powered by SIMetrix/SIMPLIS, is a circuit simulation suite optimized for the design and development of analog and mixed signal circuits. SIMetrix mode is ideal for the simulation of general non-switching circuits. It provides full Pspice compatibility for use with industry-standard SPICE models. SIMPLIS (SIMulation Piecewise-Linear System) mode simulates the operation of switching circuits with vastly improved robustness, speed, and accuracy compared to standard SPICE. It is particularly useful for switching power supply, PLLs, and ADC/DAC applications.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.