Features and Benefits
- All Inputs (X, Y and Z) Differential, High Impedance for [(X1 - X2) (Y1 - Y2)/10] + Z2 Transfer Function
- Scale-Factor Adjustable to Provide up to X10 Gain
- Pretrimmed to ±0.5% Max 4-Quadrant Error
- Low Noise, Design: 90 µV rms,
10 Hz-10 kHz
- Low Cost, Monolithic Construction
- Excellent Long-Term Stability
The AD632 is an internally trimmed monolithic four-quadrant multiplier/divider. The AD632B has a maximum multiplying error of ±0.5% without external trims.
Excellent supply rejection, low temperature coefficients and long term stability of the on-chip thin film resistors and buried zener reference preserve accuracy even under adverse conditions. The simplicity and flexibility of use provide an attractive alternative approach to the solution of complex control functions.
The AD632 is pin-for-pin compatible with the industry standard AD532 with improved specifications and a fully differential high impedance Z-input. The AD632 is capable of providing gains of up to X10, frequently eliminating the need for separate instrumentation amplifiers to precondition the inputs. The AD632 can be effectively employed as a variable gain differential input amplifier with high common-mode rejection. The effectiveness of the variable gain capability is enhanced by the inherent low noise of the AD632: 90 µV rms.
- High quality analog signal processing
- Differential ratio and percentage computations
- Algebraic and trigonometric function synthesis
- Accurate voltage controlled oscillators and filters
- Guaranteed performance over temperature.
- The AD632A and AD632B are specified for maximum multiplying errors of ±1.0% and ±0.5% of full scale, respectively, at +25°C and are rated for operation from −25°C to +85°C.
- Maximum multiplying errors of ±2.0% (AD632S) and ±1.0% (AD632T) are guaranteed over the extended temperature range of −55°C to +125°C.
- High reliability.
- The AD632S and AD632T series are available with MIL-STD-883 Level B screening.
- All devices are available in either the hermetically sealed TO-100 metal can or ceramic DIP package.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.