AD582: Low Cost Sample/Hold Amplifier Data Sheet (Rev. A)1/31/1976208 kB
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for 12-bit applications
- High sample/hold currrent ratio: 107
- Low acquisition time:
6µ to 0.1%
- Low charge transfer: <2pC
- High input impedence in sample-and-hold modes
- Connect in any op amp configuration
- Differential logic inputs
- MIL-STD-883 compliant versions available
The AD582 is a sample-and-hold amplifier consisting of a high performance operational amplifier, a low leakage analog switch and a JFET integrating amplifier – all fabricated on a single monolithic chip. An external holding capacitor, connected to the device, completes the sample-and-hold function.
With the analog switch closed, the AD582 functions like a standard op amp; any feedback network may be connected around the device to control gain and frequency response. With the switch open, the capacitor holds the output at its last level, regardless of input voltage.
Typical applications for the AD582 include sampled data systems, D/A deglitchers, analog de-multiplexers, auto null systems, strobed measurement systems and A/D speed enhancement.
The device is available in two versions: the "K" specified for operation over the 0 to +70° commercial temperature range and the "S" specified over the extended temperature range, -55°C to +125°C. All versions may be obtained in either the hermetic sealed, TO-100 can or the TO-116 DIP.
- The specially designed input stage presents a high impedance to the signal source in both sample and hold modes (up to ±12V). Even with signal levels up to ±VS, no undesirable signal inversion, peaking or loss of hold voltage occurs.
- The AD582 may be connected in any standard op amp configuration to control gain or frequency response and provide signal inversion, etc.
- The AD582 offers a high, sample-to-hold current ratio: 107. The ratio of the available charging current to the holding leakage current is often used as a figure of merit for a sample and hold circuit.
- The AD582 has a typical charge transfer less than 2pC. A low charge transfer produces less offset error and permits the use of smaller hold capacitors for faster signal acquisition.
- The AD582 provides separate analaog and digital grounds, thus improving the device's immunity to ground and switching transients.
- The AD582 is available in versions compliant with MIL-STD-883. Refer to the Analog Devices Military Products Databook or current AD582/883B data sheet for detailed specifications.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD582KD||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||14-Lead Side Brazed CerDIP|
|AD582SD||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||14-Lead Side Brazed CerDIP|
|AD582SD/883B||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||14-Lead Side Brazed CerDIP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.